Not receiving verification codes
Toryrw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched to a Verizon phone from att. I cannot get verification codes on my iPhone XS now. All other messages are working fine, including from Verizon. Does this have anything to do with porting my old number? How do I fix this? I can’t sign into so many of my apps because of this. 

Labels (1)
Re: Not receiving verification codes
Spgootee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently switched to Verizon from Sprint. Experiencing the same issues.

not able to receive any verification codes. Have tried google, AppFolio, and Venmo.

not able to find a solution.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spgootee, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble receiving verification codes! I know how important it is to be able to get those messages, so you can log in and manage your accounts. What is happening when a code is sent? Do you receive an error message, or any kind of indication that the message is not coming through? Are you able to successfully send and receive regular text messages and picture messages? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
signal9tn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue...just swicthed from 8 to XR...work phone on GOV Account...on 10/8/19.

Had issues getting phones calls in but the Porting Center fixed those today.

I can get regular text messges but not any 2 factor..or texts from my bank account in ref to account alerts. It seems any texts from a "computer" are not getting through.

LLL444
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problems beyond frustrating can't get anyone from Verizon to help have spent hours with their support and hours in store to the point other customers walked out saying they don't want to go thru this fiasco switching carriers. 

LLL444
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I file a formal complaint to get this fixed it's ridiculous?

Tags (1)
Chrissnewyork
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having exactly the same problem and Verizon help keeps telling me my phone is fine when it clearly isn't! I've spent hours on the phone trying to get this port done and now this - I am literally on hold with them right now. 40 minutes I've been on this call so far...I regret ever signing up with Verizon.

fritzohio

Switched from Sprint to Verizon and I'm having the same issue. The other three phones on our account work just fine, but I am not receiving verification codes. I don't have trouble sending or receiving any other texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of receiving short codes. Let's get this figured out. Do you have a block for internet messages or any other messaging block? Click here to review the block that is in place. http://spr.ly/6581Dc6Mx

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
jgruberr1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also switched from ATT as well, cannot get text verification codes from Google/Nest.  

I do get them from Verizon and my bank, so thats a relief.

I do get them from other phones, too.

0 Likes