Not receiving short code texts
nigelplizga

I've recently switched my phone number from t-mobile to verizon 2 days ago and I am not able to receive any short code texts, or verification texts from any apps such as facebook or bank apps. 

Also, when I call customer support, the only message I get from the other end is a port request auto message. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving short code texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nigelplizga, allow me to be the very first to welcome you to the Verizon Wireless family. When porting a number from another carrier it may take up to 72 hours for all services to be transferred. Are you able to text and receive messages from other numbers? You mentioned receiving a recording when calling Verizon, are you able to place other calls from your phone? Have you powered the phone off and on with Wi-Fi off and cellular data on?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: Not receiving short code texts
adamdare

I tried a network reset on my iPhone X - nothing. I force restarted it in multiple ways. Finally I powered down normal and turned back on w/ wifi (not connected) and cell enabled. Short-code texts are working finally! Hope it works for you.

0 Likes