Re: My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.
rtperna
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I'd like to amend my original note... my wife's Xs just started doing this now too.  So my daughter's Xr's is still band-aided with the "Data Only" temporary fix, and now my wife has to do this as well.  She relies on her phone for conference calls for work and needs to access data at the same time (unlike my daughter, whose biggest inconvenience is being unable to play Roblox with her friends while on the phone!); this is a massive problem and will force us to switch off Verizon sooner rather than later.  Wife has accepted being on WiFi while making conference calls, but her patience is running out.  Has Apple said anything about this issue recently?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rtperna, we appreciate the update. I certainly understand your wife's frustration; I would be frustrated as well if this was occurring with my phone. It would be heartbreaking to see you go. We are still partnering with Apple on getting this resolved. They do have a software update that will resolve this issue; however, they haven't provided a date as to when it will be released.

In the meantime what they are suggesting if you haven't already done so is power the phone off (leave it off for 30 seconds to a minute) power it back on and make several test calls. You can have your daughter and wife dial #832 for the test call. Please keep us posted on how this goes.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
rdulbandzhyan

I have the same issue with my Xr purchased in March.  When I hard reset it will work for a few weeks and then start again.  Happens indoors with WiFi enabled and not enabled.  Twice when in Chicago (west loop and downtown), twice in Michigan zip code 48884. Happens with incoming and outgoing calls of various phone numbers and carriers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rdulbandzhyan - It's our top priority to provide you a seamless network experience, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing challenges with your calls. Don't worry. We are here to help you, and we would love the opportunity to get the issue with your calls resolved. I reviewed the areas you mentioned and found no issues or outages to report. Do you only experience dropped calls at the locations you provided? Do your calls drop during certain times of the day? Is the issue with your calls happening outdoors as well?

-JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
SamS1969
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received my phone last week and am having exactly the same problem with a new IPhone XR.  I go through the power off reset step and make a call or two and the problem occurs again.  Spent an hour with Verizon Support chat last evening.  Reset cleared the problem but it is back today after about 3 calls. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the issues with dropped calls on the iPhone XR, SamS1969. Staying in touch on your phone is vital and we certainly don't want you to have this experience. Help is here. What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of the location where this is happening? Do you know if other Verizon Wireless customers nearby to you are having the same issue? I know you mentioned powering off the phone and doing a reset. Did you do a network settings reset specifically? Here's how you can do that if you haven't done this type of reset if you haven't done that already: http://spr.ly/6607EiVzc Please keep in mind that this will delete any saved Wi-Fi passwords. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
SamS1969
Enthusiast - Level 2

settings/general/reset/reset network settings/password/"Reset Network Settings"

75783 and zip codes all around as far south as 60 miles.

0 Likes
TJC62
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue occurs inside, outside and in the car, all in different location. I did not have Wi-Fi on, and it seems to happen with any incoming or outgoing calls to another wireless phone and to or from a landline.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamS1969, we want to ensure you get the services you deserve. How long have you tried turning off the device and removing/reinserting the SIM card? If not, go ahead and try now and let us know when your done. We're eager to hear back from you! - MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TJC62, having issues with dropping calls can frustrate, especially if it's your main form of communication. Let's do some troubleshooting steps. Are you registered on and using a Network Extender?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes