Re: My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.
Frich
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue with my Xr .  Apple support ran a diagnostic and recommended update to 12.3.  This did not fix the problem.  

0 Likes
Jhouseman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wife and I are in the same boat, had the problems from the beginning. We have tried everything suggested (even download the trouble shooting app). Very frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my phone to keep my calls connected and want you to be able to rely on your phone as well, Frich. Let's take a closer look into what's going on. When did this start? Does this happen on all calls? Are you connected to Wi-Fi calling when this happens? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're truly sorry to hear about the dropped calls that you and your wife are experiencing with your iPhone XR devices, Jhouseman1. Being able to make and receive phone calls is key to keeping you connected.

When did this issue begin? Does this occur only in certain areas? Are all calls impacted? Also, does this happen both indoors and outdoors?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
wdcoleman71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to say that just reading your canned responses to an obviously known problem is not only frustrating, but insulting. You haven't answered a single direct question in over 4 pages of the same complaint. Clearly there's a problem and you keep trying to dodge that you have no known fix for it. Software update, locations, interferance, blah blah blah. If you don't provide the services we pay for you are in BREACH OF CONTRACT. Just fix it or be honest about it. I've been a loyal customer of Verizons for over 10 years and this is some of the most ridiculous non-action I've ever seen. Are we dealing with Verizon or Comcast cable here?

susanb720

This just started yesterday. It worked fine from March until now. It doesn’t matter if I am home or away.  I NEED MY PHONE! Will Verizon fix this or Apple? I don’t live within 200 miles of an Apple store!

0 Likes
anthonypuentes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also experiencing the same problem, after 10 seconds the call just stops, doesn’t hang up just stops all audio. Resetting the phone will fix the problem but in a day or two the problem will return and it’s very frustrating. It does not matter where, when, or who I call. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
anthonypuentes

We don't want this to be an ongoing problem. Sorry for this inconvenience. Does this issue affect every call or when calling certain phone numbers? Are you using Wi-Fi Calling when you have this drop call issue? Wi-Fi Calling allows you to make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network if cellular isn't available. For more information about Wi-Fi Calling, click the link below: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/

Are you connected to a network extender when you drop calls? A network extender enhances your indoor and 4G LTE data and voice coverage to provide better service for your 4G LTE mobile devices. It's an extension of our 4G LTE network that's placed directly in your office. For more information about how a network extender works, click the link below: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-faqs/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
mwxsby

My iPhone Xr worked just fine for the first month or so and now I can't make or receive a call on it that stays connected for more than 2-3 seconds. I've been through all the trouble shooting links and have not been able to resolve the problem. 

I can't tell from this thread whether the problem is the phone, Verizon, or both.

I can tell you that I'm spending way too much money per month to have a phone that only allows me to text, email, and look at the web. I can already do all that on my iPad. 

It appears from the quantity of inquiries and the futility of solutions being offered that the only option is to trash the phone and start over with a different phone and carrier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very sorry to hear about the dropped calls issue you are experiencing with your iPhone XR, mwxsby. We completely understand how important it is to have a device that is able to use calling as expected. Rest assured, we will make sure that this is resolved as it would sadden us to see you go because of this. Can you please share the troubleshooting steps that you have completed so far to attempt to resolve this issue? Does this drop calls issue happen everywhere you go or is it secluded to one location? What is the zip code and intersection that this is happening in? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes