Re: My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, 1978malibu. We want to continue troubleshooting with you to find out what's going on and report this Apple as well if needed. Does this happen on all calls? Have you noticed any patterns with the calls it does happen on? Do you have Wi-Fi calling activated? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll hate to see you go! Give us the opportunity to continue working on this issue for you and get to the bottom of these service problems. Our goal is to make this new beginning in the Verizon Wireless family a memorable one and to keep you connected with your loved ones. In order to further assist you, please provide us with your full name as it appears on your account, and use the following link to verify your account for us: http://spr.ly/6600E5bGj you do not know your PIN, don’t worry you can reset it at http://spr.ly/6601E5bGd

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's definitely worrying to see that you're also experiencing dropped calls after switching to an iPhone, and we will be glad to help you get this issue fixed especially because you've been experiencing it since you got the device out of the box. Please tell us, does this happen while being indoors or outdoors? Does this happen when you're connected to a Wi-Fi network? Are any other services being impacted?
We would like to ask you to perform a Network Settings Reset on your device. The following link will guide you through this process. http://spr.ly/6606E5i54

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
shortpunter
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has verizon come up with a fix yet?  Last time i spoke with the tech department-which was my third time- they said they were told to just wait for Apple to fix it. I have reset networks, reinstalled the software, got a new SIM chip, had my network rebuilt, and had my frequency changed to better talk to the towers.  Each time I was told it was fixed. It still is happening.  I called Apple and they don't know anything about it.....

Amdowell87
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, it appears that there is a fix, but it disables your ability to be online in any capacity during a call.

If you go to Settings, then to Cellular, then click on Roaming, it will bring up a screen that prompts for “No LTE, LTE on Voice and Data, or Data Only LTE.”

If you switch to Data Only LTE and reset your phone, the call failures should stop. This worked for me, HOWEVER, my biggest reason for switching from Sprint was to be able to access the internet during voice calls. I spent a lot of money to switch and I’m pretty tired of hearing how everyone understands and whatever. It’s just time to roll out an update to fix it.

0 Likes
dsandahl98

I have the same issue.  I reset network and phone is works for a while then it stops working and drops calls after a few seconds every call.  

I also have my data stop working sometimes.  very frustrating. seems like either a verizon network issue or iphone XR issue.  

think my next phone will be a Samsung and maybe with ATT

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information and being able to browse the web while on a call is very important, Amdowell87.  I appreciate the information regarding turning off the Advanced Calling and we do want to ensure that we leave no stone unturned.  I have lifted this feedback up to see if we can get additional information or an update regarding these concerns that you’re having.

AdamB_VZW

0 Likes
Lmiller5

I have same issue and not in same locations.  Very frustrating to reset network every time and then call back and apologize profusely to everyone that calls.  Everybody laughs and thinks we don’t know how to use our phones.  If there’s a problem admit it and fix the problem, bad chip?

0 Likes
Lmiller5

My data is intermittent as well.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How long has this been happening for, Lmiller5? Also, have you attempted to perform a Network Reset on your device since this has started to happen? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes