Re: My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UPofMI, I agree that drop calls can be a bit frustrating. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. I see you stated the LTE setting adjustment temporarily worked. Have you experienced any issues since making the change? If so please explain?  

JustinB_VZW

0 Likes
Yoloswag420
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issues as well. 

Sarulle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. I have called verizon who cant seem to fix my issue so they sent me to apple and they cant fix it either.  I am so glad I went with verizon and the iphone.  They wont let me get a different phone since its been over 2 weeks.  I am stuck with a junk phone... Customer service at its best!

I have an iphone 10 XR and I have tried to factory reset it and have now spent at least 10 hours on the phone with apple and verizon while they do they same things the previous people did.  

There is no pattern.

There is nothing I am doing wrong on my end.

Its something to do with apple and verizon. Get it figured out!

JWB53
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem it’s the iPhone not the network. Does apple have a update yet ?

TJC62
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my new iPhone Xr about two weeks ago, Last week it started having the same issue. I made sure I had all the updates (IOS 12.2) and restarted the phone. It worked for less than a week and the same issue returned.

vzXsDROPSCALLS
Enthusiast - Level 2

This same thing has been happening to me for months. Apple ran diagnostics on my first Xs and determined that it was dropping calls at a highly irregular rate. They immediately replaced the phone with a new Xs. Set up the new Xs and again, it is dropping calls. Always happens after exactly 6 seconds. Happens even in areas where there is perfect reception. Fully shutting the phone down and restarting temporarily solves the problem (turning on Airplane Mode for 5-10 seconds does not help).

The call will be perfectly clear, and the person on the other line is 100% clearly audible. They can also hear me perfectly clearly and then the call is instantly cut off after 6 seconds.

I am running the latest release iPhone Xs with the latest iOS software (12.2). 

PLEASE FIX THIS!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have access to all the most important people in your life and I apologize that you are having trouble with your phone. Is this happening indoors or outdoors? Do you have your Wi-Fi function turned on when this happens? Does this happen with all contacts or just certain ones?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
Busey20

Mine is an XR, did this today while outside in good service area, I restarted and it was good till about 5 minutes ago... Inside with wifi connected when it did it again.  I too use this phone almost solely for business purposes and not fond of sporadic call dropping.

Thanks 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No one likes to drop calls, Yoloswag420! We certainly want to make sure you are getting the best connection. Let's take a closer look. Is this happening in a specific location? Does it happen with the same contact or is it random? When did this start?

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
ljsljs

We have been having this same issue with my wife's XR.  Only turning off/on temporarily fixes it.  Is there any solution?

0 Likes