Re: My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.
shelbyrae98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not dshryer, but am having the similar issues.  It happens both on and off wifi.  The call connects just long enough for the other person to answer, then it goes completely silent for a second or two, then I receive the call failed screen.

masteinke
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same issue.  Happens for received and placed calls.  Happens at multiple locations.  Happens with wifi on and off.  Everything goes quiet after 6 seconds, then the call drops at 26 seconds.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Continuing to drop calls would concern me as well, masteinke. We want to make sure we get this fixed. Thank you for all your efforts and details thus far. When did the issue with dropped calls start? Does it happen when on speakerphone, Bluetooth, headset, regular calls, etc.? Do you get any error or alert when the call drops? Are the software and apps all up to date with your phone?

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
bitterROOTbandit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Greetings Verizon and Other iPhone Xr folks,

I have the same problem.  I don't see a pattern (it's happened both at home and on the road, with and without WiFi connected)...  It'll be fine for several days and then all of a sudden it'll drop a call.  The only 'fix' is to restart the phone.

I've read with the latest APPLE software update, that sharing an iCloud account can cause this issue because the phone wants to constantly sync and that times out the network connection.  However I haven't seen any proof of this hypothesis.  (I've read that adjusting 'sharing' and/or the APPLE ID might fix it...).  

Anyway, all just speculating.  I really do need a fix soon.  I bought this phone this past February, and I'm trying to use it as a business line.  Not a good look when I'm working on earning clients.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have a dependable connection at all times. I apologize that you have not had the best experience so far and we want to turn that around for you. When you drop these calls, is it the same contact that you are communicating with each time? How often are you fully powering down your device? In which zip are you located?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
ecoplien
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I have been having the same issues. I had my line replaced even and it is still happening. It is very spuratic and it doesnt matter if we are on wifi or not. We have done everything these people have tried. This is very irratating we are paying a lot of money with these phones and to not have them work all the time is very frusterating. 

rangerWES
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the same issue and it intensified following latest update (12.2).  Verizon tells us it is an Apple issue and there is nothing they can do.  Suggested turning phone off and on when problem occurs but that is a pain.  Should not be happening.

pingjim
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having exact same issue on iPhone XS.....I was AT&T for 25 years, and mistakenly made the switch because my company forced it.....I will use my position and some excuse to go back to AT&T as this dropping calls is unacceptable (actually laughable for Verizon and Apple)    Just read through this blog I found by clicking the firt line on a google search of 'verizon iphone dropped calls'.....[removed]

Content removed by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to leave the Verizon family, pingjim. We don't want you to feel like our responses are canned either. I'm confident we can figure this out together as we never want you to deal with dropping calls. Please let us know the nearest cross streets and zip code of the location where this happens primarily. Are other Verizon Wireless customers nearby to you have the same issues with dropped calls? Are you having issues with texting or mobile data as well? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes