LTE not working (and chatting agent just left) - 1
jjan3590
Enthusiast - Level 2
Please read it through the chat I had with an agent:

Hey there! I'm your Verizon Wireless digital assistant.

You
Im having trouble with data.

Sure thing! You can add more data to your account here.

You
I lost the signal

We hate to hear your phone's gone missing! We're here to help - check out our Find My Phone FAQ for help tracking your device down and info on what to do next.

You
Can I chat?

Would you like to talk to a live agent?

You
Yes

Great. What would you like to know about prepay?

Verizon knows that this is a challenging time, which is why we are working to address your concerns as quickly as possible. We received your message and an agent will get back to you as soon as we have an answer. Keep in mind, our wait times may be longer than usual, so there’s no need to wait around, you will be notified when we respond!
Hi, This is Riley! I'm glad you reached out to me through messaging. Please leave your message and confirm your phone number and I will gladly help you get your concern addressed.

You
Hi my phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx

You
And I lost the lte signal all of a sudden

Oh Wow, Thank you for letting me know. No worries! A pleasure to assist you and get this fixed. May I know f both of your lines lost the signal?

You
No my wifes one is working well

You
The symptom is like

You
1) the signal bars have gone first

You
2) And when it comes back, 1x and 3g come on and off instead of lte

Thank you for letting me know. Just to confirm, has this happened before?

You
Never -

You
I tried to turn off the phone and turn on again (putting out and back the sim card as well), but it did not work

No worries! Let's make some troubleshooting. Please go to settings> General> Reset> reset network settings.
Let me know once this has been done.

You
Thank you Im doing

Thank you for the cooperation.

You
Hm.. It does not work yet-

You
It re-booted and bars are weak

You
then showing No Service

- to be continued
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
LTE not working (and chatting agent just left) - 2
jjan3590
Enthusiast - Level 2

(continued)

Verizon Agent
Thank you for letting me know. May I know your zip code? I will check if there is an outage or alert that could be affecting your services.

You
xxxxx

You
my wifes phone works well though-

Verizon Agent
Yes! I just wanted to make sure this is not the issue. Please power off your device and remove your Sim card. I will make some changes from my end to get the signal stonger.
Verizon Agent
stronger*

You
Yes thank you. I just did it

You
Just FYI, I removed the card

You
May I ask when I could turn it on?

You
I will be back in 10 minutes (its 7:25PM EST now )

You
Hi are you there?

You
Im a bit frustrated.. its been almost an hour-

You
I turned it on back because I need to use it for work

You
It still shows 3g only

And the agent never comes back. I began this chat about 7:00pm EST and it's 8:25pm EST. My phone is not fixed, the agent just left without any following up. It's so frustrating. 

0 Likes
Re: LTE not working (and chatting agent just left) - 1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure your service is working the way it should jjan3590. We will definitely work to get this resolved. What model phone are you using? Were there any changes to your device around the time the issue began such as new apps or updates?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
jjan3590
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using iPhone X since the end of 2017 and had now issues like this. 

There's no app installation or updates around the time issue began.

The only thing I'm concerned is my 2 year old baby played with my phone around then I guess. She randomly called to 0* and I'm not sure what other actions she took.

(more details in the continued post numbered "2" after this one)

Thank you.

0 Likes
jjan3590
Enthusiast - Level 2

Resolved!

I even tried "Reset All Settings" and it did not work either. A day after (today), it was still not working. To figure out if this is a problem of phone or Sim card, I switched my Sim card with my wife's one. Interestingly, my Sim card worked in my wife's phone, and so did her Sim card in my phone. I switched it back, and finally, my phone with my Sim card just started to work.

This method is something I never seen when I google to shoot the trouble, so I'd like others with the same issue try this way.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Swapping the SIM card between two phones has been suggested a few times at least here in the community forum in the past few years. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jjan3590
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't know that. When I google the issue, the method never comes up on the top. But now that you mention it, I'm happy with the fact that many others are already aware of this method.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card swapping between phones is a troubleshooting step to determine if the SIM card is bad or the phone's radio is bad. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: LTE not working (and chatting agent just left) - 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is not the experience that we want you to have with our technicians. What sort of issue are you having with your device? We would be happy to troubleshoot with you. To allow us to do so properly, please leave a Private Note, or contact us directly at 1-800-922-0204. You can also reach us online @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook.

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have not received a second post as yet. Let us know if you are having any troubles doing so.

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes