Re: Iphone XR dropping calls
dkaiser

I'm having a similar issue with my iPhone XR.  Calls incoming or outgoing are dropped after a few seconds.  Restarting the device or resetting network settings helps for about 1 call and then goes back to dropping calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Continuing to have issues with your calls dropping would concern me as well, dkaiser. Let's learn more. When did this start? Does it happen with a specific contact or is it all calls? Do you know if it happens when you are in a certain location or will it happen anywhere?

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
Surfdog777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem. Not on every call, but enough to make it a serious problem. Call comes in, I answer and in 3 seconds the call fails. Call the person back, they pickup and the call drops again. I have to reboot the phone to get it working again. Not cool. Need some real information as to what’s happening. 

1978malibu

I am having the identical problem with my XR. This is unacceptable.

0 Likes
eyeguy07

I also am having the same issue.  Seems to be if I turn off Voice and Data LTE then the call dropping doesn't happen.    I have reset the phone and restored iOS software - No difference.  I have replaced SIM card - No difference.  Apple is replacing my phone, but not hopeful of resolution with all the other reports.   Come on Verizon!  We need this resolved!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Surfdog777, 

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with dropped calls on the iPhone XR as well. We want to get to the bottom of this, so you can enjoy your device once again. When did you begin having trouble with dropped calls? Can you share your city and closest intersection, so we can check coverage in more detail? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
lamontia1

exact same thing happening to me!!! two phones and still dropped calls!!!

0 Likes
lamontia1

so tired of this - support says they never heard of this problem.. and here 50 people are having that issue!!!!!!!! I am so upset!!!

0 Likes
mramey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same problem. Three family members have the XR, all have the same problem!!! Fix this problem!!!

0 Likes
anon7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am the OP for the "4G LTE Network Extender does not work with iPhone XR" issue.  I wonder if ether any of the occurences listed here are related to the extender.  Or perhaps, my issue might not be caused by the extender.    To check for the extender, dial #48.   A voice reply will tell you if you are under network extender coverage.

0 Likes