Re: Iphone XR dropping calls
Bapaulk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my xr. I had many calls to Verizon to trouble shoot and nothing. Finally went to the store and they changed my SIM card and it is still doing it. I’m tired of it also

Marcia3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same exact problem!! Now the issue isn’t even resolved by turning my phone on & off... very dangerous if there’s an emergency!  It seems to happen after I’ve been driving in my car & the phone was connected to the car’s Bluetooth. My daughter has the same issue w/ her new XS Max!! Never had this issue with my 6 Plus phone. This should not be happening. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring that your calls don't drop is a top priority, Bapaulk. It's concerning to hear about the issues you have experienced, even after getting your SIM card changed out. Help is here. What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of your current location? Are other Verizon Wireless customers nearby to you having the same issues? Do the issues occur inside, outside or both?

RyanM_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We need your service to be reliable when you need it most during an emergency. Let’s turn this around. When did the dropped calls start happening? Was it after an iOS software update or installing an app?
When the call is dropped from the Bluetooth is it the entire call or just its connection to the car’s audio system? 
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Mgmc500
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same issue. Had the phone replaced but not fixed. My daughters XR is doing the same thing.  Didn’t have issues with our old 6S’s. Very frustrating. 

RyanM41
Enthusiast - Level 1

So let me get this straight.  I buy an $800 phone from you.  Less than a month into having it, I've had nothing but problems with dropped calls and Verizon's solution is a "Like new" replacement?  This seems like a problem with the XR or software.  Either way, I would not be happy with a "Like new" replacement.  

RyanM41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue.  XR is garbage.  Never had this much trouble with Verizon in 10+ years of service.  Has to be this phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mgmc500,

It's definitely frustrating to continue to have trouble with dropped calls on multiple devices. We're sorry to learn that the replacement phone has not helped out. As of right now, we have not received confirmation from our technicians or Apple that there's an issue with the iPhone XR that's causing dropped calls. We'd like to gather some additional information to help get down to the bottom of what's going on. How often is your phone dropping calls? So that we can check into the coverage in your area, please provide your zip code and the cross streets to the intersection nearest you. How far from the area do you travel before you notice an improvement?

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RyanM41 -

Your tenured loyalty means the world to us, and we are here to provide you the assistance you need. I understand your concern with the certified like new replacement phone, but I can assure you that the device that you will receive is not a device that has had any water or physical damage. Certified like new devices go through rigorous testing and are backed by the warranty your original phone has. A software update was made available on 3/25/19. The iOS 12.2 update contains various fixes and enhancements. To download the new software update go to Settings > General > Software Update. Please let us know if the issue with your calls continues after the software update.

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Iphone XR dropping calls - solved by changing Enable LTE from "Voice" and "Data" to "Data Only"
Bobby-2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the exact same problem with my iphone XR.  Someone would call or I would start one.  When the other party answered I would hear two beeps and the call dropped.  Restarting the phone worked fine for while but the problem returned after a few hours or days.  I replaced the SIM card, then the phone itself but the problem persisted.

Finally, I decided to disable what Verizon called HD Voice aka VOLTE.  Use the following steps to accomplish this:

1. Tap Settings.
  2. Tap Cellular.
  3. Tap or slide the Cellular Data switch to on (switch will be green)
  4. Tap Cellular Data Options.
  5. Tap Enable LTE.
  6. Tap  Data Only  .

I have not had any dropped calls since.  Give it a try.