Iphone X, poor service and dropped calls!!
LISMAR33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've read the questions and answers in the forums, and tired all the suggestions, (except purchasing and extender), my brother has gone into the Verizon store for help, and nothing is working.  I was with Sprint for 10 years and never had the problems I am having with Verizon.  My brother and I were on my account together and decided to change to Verizon for 2 reasons, 1.  Quote from your commercials "Verizon has the largest most reliable 4G LTE network in America" and, 2. I can talk and surf at the same time.  The problem is Verizon has not delivered or honored either of these promises.  My brother and I both have tired everything we were told.  The service is slow and spotty and we both drop calls all the time, this happens everywhere.  We live close to the city, where there is plenty of tower coverage (84401), and I do not have tall buildings or metal buildings that might interfere. I never had any service problems with Sprint, except up in the mountains, but other family members with Verizon could get service here and there, so that was something we also would have liked.  So we switched and now we both are on a contract with Verizon for $1100 for each phone and I also purchased and iWatch with Data, which works about the same.  I've been told by several iPhone X users that they have the same problem.  I am thoroughly disappointed and wish I could go back to Sprint, but since I signed my life away with Verizon, I guess my only recourse is to spread the word about how terrible Verizon service really is and don't ever give up your AT&T or Sprint service, in fact I've heard Cricket is better.  If it is something to do with your service and Apple, it's your responsibility to make Apple fix the problem or allow us out of this contract and return the phones.  We have only been with Verizon for a few months.  So what is Verizon REALLY going to do about this outrageous issue????

Labels (1)
Re: Iphone X, poor service and dropped calls!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to thank you for choosing Verizon and want to ensure you're getting the best possible coverage to stay as part of the Verizon family, LISAMAR33. Let's take a closer look into what's going. I did check your area and did not find any known issues being reported at this time. Please tell us more about what happens when using the phone. You mentioned dropped calls. Does this happen on all calls? Where are you located when you experience service issues? How are text and data?  

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LISMAR33
Enthusiast - Level 1

The dropped calls are sporadic, but I've been off work for a couple months, so for now mostly at home, but I have had dropped calls out and about, but not all calls, same for my brother, except, my brother experiences dropped calls everywhere, and the data service is slow as molasses, it takes forever for webpages to load. Haven't noticed any issues with texts. In my home I have 1 bar , and I rarely have all 5 bars.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LISMAR33, we're sorry to hear that you've been having such problems with your service. We're committed to getting this addressed. I know that you mentioned that your brother has this problem everywhere, but does your service improve outdoors, or elsewhere? Does anyone else have problems at your home? 

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MATMCC36

I too am having horrible cellular service with Verizon. I have been a Verizon customer since I was 14 years old and was on my family plan until just recently. I switched to the single line unlimited everything plan with a new Iphone X and I am getting the worst cellular service ever!!! The man who helped me acted like my presence was such a burden when I bought the phone. He didn't explain anything about the phone, its features or billing. He didn't explain any of the services or the 14 day return policy. I live in Fall River, Massachusetts and have had more than 20 dropped calls in less than two weeks of having the phone... I never had that problem with my old Iphone 6 on my family's plan but guess what?! I can't replace the phone because it's not within the 14 day time period that the associate never bothered to tell me. He also could have told me that when I came in a few days later and expressed concern over the number of dropped calls and poor cellular service. So the associate had a number of opportunities to tell me and didn't. I now have a brand new phone I am paying a small fortune for, with horrible cellular service and horrible customer service. I guess this is how Verizon treats customers who have been with them for over 10 years... When this nightmare of a plan ends, I will be switching carriers because I have been nothing but patient and kind to the associates and customer service representatives and Verizon has essentially spit in my face. I feel abused and taken advantage of. I actually took my phone to AT&T and the associates were so kind and understanding. I honestly just don't understand what I did to deserve such poor service...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MATMCC36, we are so sad to learn of your experience and we don't want to see a valuable customer like you leave. You always deserve the best with us, as well as being given all the information and details up front. We are here to help.

What specific zip code are you having trouble at? Have you made sure that Voice and Data Roaming are turned ON in the settings of your phone? http://vz.to/2uu03ZS

Also, have you tried testing your phone with LTE Enabled for Voice On and/or OFF? http://vz.to/2FJeqhy

Steven_VZW

0 Likes
MATMCC36

My zip code is 02720. I have made sure that both LTE and roaming services

are on. I have received drops calls from a number of different people

numerous times and the dropped calls happen in Fall River, Newport, Bristol

and even Providence. I’m in very public areas and there will abruptly be no

service. I apologize for how frustrating my initial statement was online

but I feel that when someone is paying $143.00 a month for a cellphone and

unkimited plan, it should work. Numerous dropped calls impacts my

professionalism and overall communication. I hope that we can resolve this

issue.

Thank you:

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 4:10 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MATMCC36, thank you for those details about the steps you have attempted, so far. Your business is greatly appreciated and we are here to work toward a resolution. We would like to gather a few more details. We recommend changing the following setting https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206700/ to data only when the phone is dropping calls with Voice & Data enabled in this section. Then try some calls with the setting adjusted. The next step is to reset the network settings https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/, which will remove any saved Wi-Fi passwords, so you will need to re-enter any passwords for Wi-Fi networks that you connect to. Please let us know how the service works after those steps.

David_VZW

0 Likes
MATMCC36

Good evening,

I have spoken with Verizon wireless customer service and technical support

over the last few weeks and have already attempted those suggestions with

no luck. We have even changed the SIM card. Still no luck. Even moments ago

my service went from 4 bars of service to no service at all. It does this

constantly. It will jump around in strength of service while I am in one

place. Any calls made with two bars almost always get dropped. The reason I

think this is odd is because I rarely had this issue with my iPhone 6. Even

complete loss of data usage for browsing the web happens as well.

Thank you:

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 8:27 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It does seem like you have been through a lot Matmcc36. I would like to further investigate your account since you spoken to us already. I want to make sure we get this resolved once and for all. Please check your inbox for a private message. 

Amber_VZW

0 Likes