International travel
kenziesmom

I have the Unlimited text talk and data plans.  It includes international texting on both my phones.  Would that include texting from St. Lucia to US?  I'm wondering if I need to add the plan on both phones or just one.  I just want to be able to let my family know we have arrived safely and check on my dog once a day.  We will be there Friday and returning Monday.  Also, my hotel will have wifi.  Would I be able to use messager?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International travel
mama23dogs
Legend

@kenziesmom wrote:

I have the Unlimited text talk and data plans.  It includes international texting on both my phones.  You mean your plan includes texting from the United States to other countries. It does not include roaming.

Would that include texting from St. Lucia to US?   No you would have to either add a roaming plan or pay per use at $.50 per text.  

I'm wondering if I need to add the plan on both phones or just one.  You do not need to add a plan at all. But if you choose to use your phone, or both phones more extensively you would want to add a travel plan.

I just want to be able to let my family know we have arrived safely and check on my dog once a day.    Is your phone capable of Wi-Fi calling? If so you can send one text when you arrive to let them know you are safe at the cost of $.50. You can either pay 50 Cent to check in on your dog or use Wi-Fi calling the rest of the week at no charge.  

We will be there Friday and returning Monday.  Also, my hotel will have wifi.  Would I be able to use messager?     You can use any service that is data only like Facebook messenger. You can also use Wi-Fi talk and text.

Tips:   Put your phone in airplane mode, and leave it that way. You can turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth back on while your phone is in airplane mode. I will recommend that you turn it on in settings, not in the quick settings.   If you do not control your phone by turning off data roaming, or putting the phone in airplane mode, your phone will connect to a cellular network and will cost you money. The cost of roaming data is very high, calls are three dollars a minute.   Text is pretty cheap, you are only charged 50¢ for text SENT, 5¢ for received.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international-travel/ 

0 Likes
Re: International travel
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you've got everything you need for your trip is important and we'd be happy to provide you with all the information you need. Your plan doesn't cover use while in St. Lucia, so you would be charged Pay As You Go rates. Those rates are $1.79 per minute of talk time, $.50 per sent SMS, $.05 per received SMS, $.50 per sent MMS, $.25 per received MMS, and $2.05 per MB of data. What I would suggest is adding the TravelPass to your line. It has a price of $10.00 per day of use and it only charges you on days you actually use your device. It triggers whenever you make or receive a call, send a text, or use data. It provides you with unlimited talk and text as well as .5 GB of data while you're traveling per day. You can also use Wi-Fi to text, but I recommend making sure you're on Airplane Mode with Wi-Fi turned on to avoid any accidental fees. You can learn more by visiting the following link which will take you to our Trip Planner: http://spr.ly/660315mB5

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes