IPhone Xs Max drops calls after 6-8 seconds
Randallb

I got the Iphone Xs Max in late December, brand new and sealed in a box. Since then several times a week when i receive or make a phone call it will connect as normal but will go silent on both ends after 6-8 seconds. The only way to correct this is to do a hard reset on the phone, toggling in and out of airplane mode has no effect.

I have gone to the local Verizon store 3 times and all they do is replace the Sim card or reset the network settings. They tell me that I would also only receive a refurbished phone not a new phone if I were to make a warrenty claim.

Its very frustrating to be going through this and have no "help" or answers from Verizon.

Additional information: I never had this problem with my iPhone 7, my previous phone. I have even taken my sim card from the iphone max and put it into the 7 and the problem does not repeat itself. The network area is 90% LTE with 2-3 bars always showing. The zipcode where this occurs is 76367, 76384, & 76301. Current iOS is 12.2 however this was happening with previous version iOS as well. Apple has also shown no issues when a diagnostic was run remotely.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone Xs Max drops calls after 6-8 seconds
kotoupal
Enthusiast - Level 1

been having the exact same problem for months. dont bother with verizonw warranty. There going to make you do every reset possible which will not work and just make you mad that all your apps are now gone and passwords as well. then tell you its an apple issue so a replacement wont work, just keep reseting your phone every time it happens..... annoying when i use this phone for work!

0 Likes