I'm not receiving SMS text messages on my iPhoneX. All iMessaging and calling functions seem to be working. How can I fix this ASAP?
NICPAL3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed the problem about a day or two ago that I was unable to receive SMS text messages or send them.  All other functions seem to work on my device.  Although I haven't tried calling or receiving a call from a non iPhone number.

Really need this fixed ASAP for work and travel purposes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm not receiving SMS text messages on my iPhoneX. All iMessaging and calling functions seem to be working. How can I fix this ASAP?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you recently port to Verizon Wireless to get the iPhone X or did this function work previously on your previous Verizon phone or this phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: I'm not receiving SMS text messages on my iPhoneX. All iMessaging and calling functions seem to be working. How can I fix this ASAP?
NICPAL3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Ann,

All of my messaging worked fine on my previous iPhone 6s and my iPhone X was working up until a could days ago. I haven’t changed any settings or done any software update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely understand how important it is to get your text messages working on your iPhone X, NICPAL3. I'm sure we'll find a solution. Can you elaborate on what happens when you try to send an SMS to a non-iPhone or when someone tries to send you an SMS? Are you using the basic messaging app that came installed on the device, Verizon Messages, or a third-party app from the App Store? I’d also like you to dial #832 and press send, then let me know if you hear that your test call was successful.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NICPAL3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Jennifer,

After speaking with tech support for a number of hours I was able to submit a service ticket with a Priority 1. They have since been able to resolve the issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NICPAL3,

We're happy to hear you got the support needed. If there's anything additional we can assist with, we're a quick post away.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes