Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
charris83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I just did a Network Settings reset, and I still cannot send images via text, or group text with iPhones and Androids.

0 Likes
Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
Danawell1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the exact same issue over multiple phones including a 4 and 6S.  I also have tried all of these fixes in the past to no avail. I couldn’t get group texts from iPhone or Samsung users with the 6s or 4 but with my XR, I now get some of them. It’s super frustrating. I took my phones to the apple store more than once and was told they couldn’t figure it out (except a possible original iPhone set up issue that transferred from phone to phone) and the only fix was to completely wipe the phone and start manually from scratch. I couldn’t lose all of my thousands of texts and contacts, so that wasn’t a realistic option. I would love to figure this out for good!

russelcarlson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  Can receive one-on-one texts with non-iphone but can neither do group text (that includes non-iphone) nor send images to single non-iphone.

russelcarlson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  Can receive one-on-one texts with non-iphone but can neither do group text (that includes non-iphone) nor send images to single non-iphone.

charris83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out mine was a permissions issue - I talked to Verizon customer support, and they went through my permissions and corrected it.

Good luck!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having problems with messages russelcarlson. Let's look further into this. Can you use Data with Wi-Fi off? When did this start? Can you place and receive calls?

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
babonx

charris83, I am having the same program. Can you provide additional info on what permissions may have been updated so that I can guide the customer service rep to the right stuff when I call?

0 Likes
charris83
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don’t know what the specific permissions were called, but there was one that was a block on texting images (maybe a child block?) that was the main culprit. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

charris83, we understand your concern. Is your device on the latest software?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
CapitanCurve

Same issue, Verizon fixed it about a month ago but it is happening again.  Very frustrating

0 Likes