Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
stacylr

This is still a problem for me.  Only started when I upgraded my Data with my plan.  Makes zero sense.  EXTREMELY frustrating as I need this ability for work.  Have been on Verizon chat for an HOUR and nothing.

0 Likes
Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help. Can you describe exactly what happens when you send an image to a non iPhone? What error message are you receiving?

0 Likes
Falconheavy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so I think I found the root of this problem as it was happening to me too. Recently I switched to googleFi and brought my phone so it was just a sim swap. When doing so Google has you manually change your cellular data and MMS settings. The kicker is, Apple carries over these settings in iOS backups so if you where ever with another carrier these settings persist and “network settings reset” does nothing to clear that out. Also the Verizon sim hides these settings from users so I popped in my Google FI sim and there the settings appeared “settings > cellular > cellular data network” and low and behold my Google FI mms settings where still in there. I went to the bottom of that screen and hit “reset settings” I saw the APN, and MMSC entrees all disappear. I backed out to the main settings screen. Then popped out my Google FI sim and then popped in my Verizon sim rebooted my phone and presto, I now can send images via SMS to android (green bubble) people and be included in group messages. I didn’t have to reset my entire iPhone! And it only took 2 minutes. It’s kind of a joke Verizon and Apple haven’t differed this issue out yet...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you sop much for the details, glad to know that you were able to figure this out! We will be happy to go ahead, and escalate your steps to our leadership team so we can be aware of this for future reference! In the meantime, is there anything else that we can help you with today? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Vorpy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Falconheavy, Thank you!!!! This was the solution I needed!

0 Likes
Jvu1027

It happens to my iphone as well 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jvu1027, we certainly want to get this issue resolved for you. Have you tried disabling iMessage temporarily to see if these messages send successfully?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Asanp02
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW!!!! Thats the solution lol, i cant believe that worked! Awesome man, thanks for doing what verizon clearly cant.

0 Likes
derekmacvt1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an Iphone 11 and had previously installed a google fi sim. These steps fixed the problem for me. Thanks very much - after many months and numerous calls to verizon and apple neither suggested this as a fix. 

0 Likes
jefferin0920
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worked! Thank you.

0 Likes