Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
strler

Hello - I wonder if you can help me.  I can't send a text with a picture to non-iphone user?  I've tried a reset all settings and some other solutions I seen in the string but still have the issue.  Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

strler, we want to ensure you can send MMS messages to anyone. We can definitely assist. We just need some additional details. When did the ability to stop sending picture messages begin on your iPhone? What iOS version are you running (settings>General>About>Software version)? Are you able to receive MMS messages from non-iPhone devices?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
mammaseb
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you adnanj, you saved me!!

0 Likes
Hondurab
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was exactly my problem as well. Thank you for solving my problem!

My iphone is BYOD and unlocked, previously on Google Fi.  Fi has you enter apn info under settings/cellular/cellular data network for mms handling settings.  This info is somehow not cleared or disregarded automatically by the new Verizon SIM card when you switch carriers.

I also had to put in my old Google Fi SIM card to view and delete these old entries, then replace my Verizon SIM card again.  This fixed my mms problem to non-iMessage recipients!

Settings not visible with the Verizon SIM card inserted...so I’m glad I still had my old SIM!

Thank you!!

Hondurab
Enthusiast - Level 2

This solution did not work in my case.

I had to put in my old SIM card to clear previously entered cellular data settings first.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
trdltli

little did I know that a decision I made when I bought my first Verizon cell phone would haunt me for a long time

Originally text messages had a separate charge, so I had them blocked

This happened before 2010, that's when texts became part of the flat fee

Not realizing this block was still in effect I could not text photos to my android friends

just had  technical Service remove the block and : it works 

0 Likes
PTYRICK

Well trditli You were lucky.  I have spent over 3 hours on and off trying to solve this problem and they do nothing.  They ask you for info and then disappear or tell you to logon to their site and sit there until you can't wait anymore.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with sending MMS/group text messages, PTYRICK. I know how fundamental this is and I'm happy to help out. Please share more details about what is going on specifically so we can best help. If you haven't already, we'd recommend that you reset all settings. Here's how: http://spr.ly/6607GdL05 Keep in mind that all customized settings are restored to default values when doing this. We'd also recommend deleting the entire conversation (on both your phone and the phone from the other impacted party) and then starting a new conversation. Let us know your findings if possible. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
AmyJoe

Having same problem did resets any other ideas 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to communicate with all of your contacts. Messaging is my main source of communication and I would be lost without it. When did the issue start? Do you get any error messages when sending texts to contacts on Androids?  RogelioZ_VZW

0 Likes