Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CaptainCurve, we want to ensure you can send group and picture/video messages to non-iPhone users as desired. We can definitely assist with this matter. Have you confirmed that MMS and Group Messaging are turned on in your iPhone under Settings>Messages? Do you show a block under "Block Services>Messaging>Block Picture and Video Messaging when logged into My Verizon.

EbonyR_VZW

Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
SB3933
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have exact same problem.   (I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone).  I tried everything in this post. Nothing works.  Someone please post whatever Verizon is doing in permissions to fix this problem.

Dan871
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue on both of our phones. Everything stated so far in this thread has been tried. This has been going on for over a year and was told "it's being worked on". What do I need to ask for on the Verizon side to fix this?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to work on this together! What type of phone do you have? Have you recently switched from an iPhone, to Android? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
LindseyOutlaw

Im having this problem too, for over a year. Very frustrating. All settings have been checked, all updates are current, but no pic/group texting with non iPhones. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are receiving all of your messages! What is the make/model of your device?

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
anon232322
Enthusiast - Level 2

haha must be a bot...nobody in customer service is that dense

This is clearly an issue within the Verizon network or something that happened on specific accounts. I have done every single troubleshooting step (including a factory reset and receiving a new SIM from Verizon) and nothing works. 

If anyone has anymore specific details on the permission or SMS-block settings that were updated to resolve this issue, please let us know - Thanks

anon232322
Enthusiast - Level 2

I resolved my issue (which was MMS messaging was not working - SMS worked just fine which led me to believe it was a NETWORK issue and not a device issue) - my specific issue is because my phone is unlocked and I was international using a different SIM. For whatever reason, even after a full factory reset and Network Settings reset, the APN data from the previous SIM was still stored (somewhere, can't tell you where) in the phone - to resolve:

1) Popped the old international SIM (I honestly don't know how you'd solve this if you didn't keep the SIM card)
2) Went to Settings
3) Go to Cellular

4) Find "Cellular Data Network" (this option is not available with Verizon SIMs - it really should be and not hidden)

5) Remove all values AND click Reset Settings (or some combination) - I removed the values and then clicked Reset Settings and then left the page

6) Pop back in Verizon SIM card and let the phone re-active
7) Reboot phone for good measure

No more MMS issues - all images go through and group chats with MMS works fine

Verizon should really be aware of this issue as I can see anyone traveling internationally could face this - the L1/L2 teams are not stood up to check this use-case (which, I admit, is slightly edge-case). However, I'm not sure why the Verizon SIM doesn't over-ride or reset these APN values when a new SIM is detected. I also don't know why Apple iOS doesn't reset these values when doing a full factory reset or a Network Settings reset.

adnanj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

Issue resolved.

I had a same issue when i switched to different  iphone. I called Verizon tech support and they spend almost an hour to go through my account reset, network reset, sim card in and out but issue isn't resolved so they referred me to Tier 2 support which advising me to completely restore my phone without back means set as new phone which doesn't make sense so i decided to take matter in my own hands. all i did was to follow my best guess.

go to settings

go to general

go to reset

go to reset all settings

after that i am able to send MMS to all non iphone devices. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

adnanj We are so happy to learn your device is working. What is strange, is that what you did was reset the phone ,which is part of the steps we had you do. No matter, we are here should you need anything. Thank you for sharing the great news. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes