I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
charris83
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been a problem with multiple phones over the years, most recently my X, and before that my 6. If I try and text a picture, it will fail to deliver. And if there is a group text that includes a single non-iMessage phone, I will not get any of the messages sent to the group. Group texts with only iMessage phones work, however.

I have SMS and MMS turned on, and have group messaging enabled. Cellular data is on as well.

Labels (1)
Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, charris83. Our goal is to make sure all of your services work as they're supposed to. Let's figure out what's going on with your iPhone. Please tell me, if the Roaming on for both Voice and Data? Is your Wi-Fi toggled on? What messaging application is being used?

VanetrisC_VZW

Re: I can't send images to non-iphones, and I don't get group texts that contain a non-iphone
charris83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Voice and data roaming is turned on. The WiFi is on, and I am usually, but not always, on a network. I’m using the Apple Message app. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, charris. Have there been any changes to the device before this issue started? Does this happen everytime you try to send a picture message? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
charris83
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been an issue for quite a while, across multiple devices. The most recent are my X and before that my iPhone 6. I can send pictures to other iPhones using iMessage, but I cannot send to phones that are not using iMessage (I can tell because blue message bubble phones can receive pictures, but green message bubble phones cannot.)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

charris83 It's important to have the ability to send messages to any Operating System. Let's make sure the right settings are on. Please go to settings > messages > make sure send as SMS is on. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
charris83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, send as SMS is on. The only Messages settings that are turned off are:

Read Receipts 

Show Subject Field

Character Counts

Filter Unknown Senders

Everything else is turned on. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us, charris83. Do you have Wi-Fi on when this occurs? If so we'll like for you to turn it off as well as iMessage and retest your messages and advise us of the results?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
charris83
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

With iMessage turned off, I can't send images to either an iphone or an android phone. And group texts to a mixed group fail to send as well.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, we want to get this rectified immediately. iMessage is an Apple feature, and can only happen when there is internet or mobile data connection. Without this, you are sending regular text messages. Please try this step: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Let us know how everything goes, we're eager to hear back from you. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes