How can I block international spam calls?
svwright
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past week or so, I have been unindated with calls between 2:00 am - 5:00 am from Chad, Uganda, Belarus, Solvenia, etc. 

Any suggestions on how to stop this? Each number is blocked, but they continue to call with other numbers. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International spammers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how annoying it can be to receive a lot of annoying unwanted calls. I am disturbed by them as well sometimes. I am happy to let you know that we now have a Call Filtering feature that can help you. Please click the following link to learn more about this feature. Click https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/ . Click the "Get it now" link on the page. Once reviewed, please share your thoughts on what you think of the feature.

VeronicaM_VZW

If my response answered your question; please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how annoying it can be to receive a lot of annoying unwanted calls. I am disturbed by them as well sometimes. I am happy to let you know that we now have a Call Filtering feature that can help you. Please click the following link to learn more about this feature. Click https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/ . Click the "Get it now" link on the page. Once reviewed, please share your thoughts on what you think of the feature.

VeronicaM_VZW

If my response answered your question; please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

svwright
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! I downloaded Call Filter and the international calls seem to have stopped. xxx ( crossing fingers)

Is there now a way to  block the NO CALLER ID. ?  These calls come in and ring twice. What is that all about?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to hear you've had some success with our Call Filter feature. Please let us know if you need anything else, as we're here to help!

AnthonyG_VZW

0 Likes
JayAdelstein
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had NO success with the Verizon Call Filter app.  Eighteen (18) alleged international calls before noon today.  Verizon tech said he could put a block on incoming international calls.  NOT TRUE.  Other supervisor says that there is NOTHING Verizon can do.  Been a loyal customer for 16 years.  Paying in excess of $3000 annually for phones.  I cannot tolerate this.  Thinking of becoming a former loyal customer.  Solciting any and all help.

Sleepless in DC (because of all the calls)

svwright
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was short lived. Im still bombarded from 6 - 8 a day down to about 5 Smiley Frustrated  

They are coming in also as blocked or unknown callers. Therefore, I can’t block those numbers.

I would love to  be able to block all international calls coming in. Why isn’t that available? 

This is really frustrating and I am about to give up my cell phone as well. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Did you enroll in the free Call Filter or the premium Call Filter? In the link provided, farther down the screen you will see a comparison between the two options:https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/. To ensure that you are getting full benefit of the Call Filter, you will want to have the premium Call Filter.

Additionally, you want to make sure that you are on the Do Not Call list and that your mobile number is not publicly available on different social platforms, accounts and applications. 

Due to the frequency of the calls, you may want to consider changing your mobile number. See link on how to make the change for free on your My Verizon:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/change-mobile-number-faqs/.

BrittanyK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
shazam7316
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am getting spam calls from Maldives, Bulgaria, Croatia , Armenia, Georgia, Belarius, Russia, etc.  Sometimes as many as 18 calls a day.  I just dont answer my phone and screen all my calls.

I have international calling disabled on my phone.  I question why I need to PAY an additional monthly fee for verizon to realize that this is a problem on their end and not the consumer.  I cannot seem to find a sucessful way to block any international call coming into my apple phone.  There shoud be a way to catgeorically block +011 numbers by country codes from coming in... for free.

-mammoth
Enthusiast - Level 2

The call filter had no effect at all on blocking international calls.  Customer service agent agreed that it has no effect on interantaionl spam.  We are still getting dozens of calls from Belarus, Nigeria, Lithuania, Russia, etc.  with the filter in place.  Please Verizon; add an international call block feature to your service; and please explain why you have not done so yet.  These calls are an incredible nuisance both day and night and have put huge limitations on we use our phones.