Getting iMessages with cellular data turned off
esresr
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I have cellular data turned off on my iPhone, will I still receive any missed iMessages later when I connect to Wi-Fi?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting iMessages with cellular data turned off
NewOldcustomer
Contributor - Level 2

Yes.  They go through Apple servers, not your carrier.

esresr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great, thank you!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Set up Wifi calling and you will even receive regular text messages with Wifi and cellular data off!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Esresr, it is important to have access to all your iMessages that you missed until you connect to Wi-Fi or our network. Let me help you with getting your iMessages and your question. Yes, you should be able to get your missed iMessages when you have a data connection by it on our network or when on Wi-Fi. Was your device off as the reason why you missed your iMessages? Are you having issues with your phone sending and receiving text messages when you are not on Wi-Fi?

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your feedback, Esresr. I trust the information that was shared help with your concerns. Also, I wanted to mention our exclusive rewards program called "Verizon up". You can enroll by using your Verizon Wireless app. It's easy and only takes a few minutes. There are some incredible awards rewards waiting for you, and it's 100% free. Here's a link that you can use to enroll and find more details https://vz.to/2Ja6URV

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes