Frustrated w/ BOGO for existing customers
Chowrunner_331
Enthusiast - Level 1

Being a Verizon Customer for more than 15 years, and having 5 lines (paid in full), I am upset and frustrated with Verizon’s Wireless policy for existing customers. I was willing to upgrade to their unlimited plan, and I still didn’t qualify for any BOGO PROMO!! I wanted to upgrade the 4 lines, and I was told I had to add a new line. Verizon Wireless does not care about loyal existing customers. I am seriously thinking about going to another carrier!!

Labels (1)
Re: Frustrated w/ BOGO for existing customers
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You're not very lowyal if you're threatening to leave. Also these other companies don't give BOGOs to curent cusotmers either. You going to switch companes every 2 years because they won't give you $2000 in free phones. Not sure how you think it's good business to give out $2000 in free phones to everyone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chowrunner_331, it would be devastating to see you leave the Verizon family. We absolutely appreciate your 15 years of loyalty. I am exactly the same way. I am always looking for the best deals possible. I understand that some promotions do not always fit your needs. I recommend signing up for our email alerts so you can jump on one when it becomes available. I want to also let you know we do have some great deals for all of our loyal customers who want to upgrade. You can see all the promos here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/deals/ Some of the notable ones are $300 off the RED Hydrogen One, $200.00 off the new Moto Z4, and up to $450 off the LG V50 with eligible trade-in. Does this provide clarity to your concerns? SantoC_VZW

0 Likes
ncrose

Here is my question.  I have been with Verizon for as long as I can remember.  We recently upgraded from a pair of grandfathered plans wih 2GB each to an unlimited plan.  The price difference was mitigated by going with auto pay.

I have an s7 with six months of pay remaining and my wife has an s9 with nine.  We realize we would need to pay of the existing balances on each and would plan on trading them both in to get something back.

The BOGO requires adding a new line.  That part is fine, but we want to wind up with two lines.  I am not married to my number; my wofe is to hers, so in order to getback to two, mine would be the one to go.

Online and through chat I have been told that I can add the line (new number) to meet the BOGO requirement of adding a new line.  I called Verizon and they said the same thing.  I went into a company store and they said, no problem.  Then yesterday, I went to  an authorized retailer (has Verison on its facade), so I am assuming it is different than Best Buy or other third parties.  The rep and the manager sang a different tune.  They said I could buy the phone thorough BOGO and get the promo, but then if I cancelled one of the old lines (mine), once the new phones were activated, that it would negate the BOGO.  They also said that I likely would not find out about this for a couple of months at which time my 14 day cancellation window will have long closed.  Now I would be stuck with payments on two new phones instead of the BOGO.  They said to call customer service to find out for sure.  It appears that you are customer  service.

The chat guy said no problem; that they do this all the time; that it is a workaround for existing customers, but he was sales. The bottom line is trusting a sales rep vs customer service.  I don't like surprises.  In my chat, I had gotten the right answers and I figured I would get the transcript of my conversation.  I asked for it and it never came.  I think that would suffice as proof of what I was told assuming there was a problem in a couple of months.

So what is the deal on this.

I did neglect to ask about the cancellation fee for my existing phone and whether I would be charged for that.  With August 1st quickly coming upon us, I need some quick answers

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don’t blame you for reaching out about these mixed messages.Here are the eligibility requirements for the current “Back to School” Promotion:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/android/

• Any unlimited plan is required.
    •Both "buy" and "get" devices must be purchased on device payment.
    •The "buy" and "get" lines must be within the same brand (from the same OEM).
    •BOGO recurring credits are applied through a monthly bill credit over 24 months.◦Recurring credits on the "get" MDN are applied starting 1-2 bill cycles after purchase date.
    •1 line must be activated on a new line of service.
    •The "buy" and "get" lines must maintain the Smartphone Monthly Access Charge/Line.
    •1 line may be an upgrade
    •Disconnecting the "get" MDN at any time results in the promotional credits dropping.
    ◦The "buy" device must remain active for 6 months.
    ◦The "get" device must remain active for 24 months.

With these guidelines followed, you'll receive the full benefit of the promotion.
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
dodgethis

the buy one get one is frustrating, I wanted to just pay for one outright and receive the second free,  it does not work that way?  you truly have to pay for 24 months (forces a 2 year commitment/ forces loyalty).

on the bill each month you will see you are paying full price and receiving "credit" for less after fees of course.

I for one will just look for my next phone purchase straight from the manafacturer   I think this may be a barganing chip to ensure lower contract fee.  (I was a previous ATT customer all the way back to cingular and pre ATT)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you are frustrated and you feel like there is no value for being a long-time customer, wwdude. You are a valued customer and we appreciate your loyalty and tenure.

We make every effort to provide great promotions and all our promotions are available for current customers or new customers as long as all the promotion's requirements are met. Please visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/deals/) to review our current promotions. Please note that our promotions change often and not all promotions require a new line of service. For example, we currently have the Motorola moto g7 power for only $5/month (50% savings) for 24 months. This promotion does not require a new line of service or a trade-in. Please confirm at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/moto-g7-power/?sku=sku3370222).

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We work hard to provide great promotions, dodgethis. You make a great point about paying for one outright then receiving the second free. I’m sorry we don’t offer a promotion like that. It’s fair to say we do want customers to stay with us for a long time and make good use of the service. Changing to purchases of devices has lowered the plan costs dramatically, as you point out. You are free to purchase a device from the manufacturer and use it on our network, as long as it’s compatible. Does this information help explain some of the “whys” regarding purchasing devices through our Device Payment Plans?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
CHABLA37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Some people don't threaten. It is much easire to keep customers and less costly, than it is to get new customers. If Verizon would realize that they could charge less. I am sure you  will come up with some statistic that says verizon is gettting new customers everyday. That is only because they, and other carriers are making custoers switch to get special promotions.

0 Likes
Alisoccertx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there Felow Verizon customer . It’s same issue . Verizon offers $500 off on any of iPhone 11 for new customers , but it doesn’t apply to CURRENT LOYAL OVER 15 years with 5 lines customers . I called them yesterday & that’s I was told . That’s pretty shady from Verizon . I looked at AT&T site & they have buy one get one iPhone up to $700 . I AM LEAVING VERIZON FOR GOOD WITH ALL MY 5 LINES  . I run a business & I always take better care of my loyal current customers rather than new customers. You are horrible Verizon .