Forced to buy a $100 "accessory package" when upgrading iPhone
MOMLOR

Hi all, I just upgraded to an iPhone X from an iPhone 6 that I had for about 4 years. As usual when dealing with the employees at cell stores they tell you the least amount of info and try and get you out of the store as fast as they can. As I was going through checking out/setting up my new phone I was told I was REQUIRED to pay for a $100 accessory bundle on top of the $30 activation fee in order to upgrade. I cannot get a hold of anyone at customer service (not expecting any luck with them anyway as they are on the same team as the store) so I thought I would try here. Has anyone else experienced this and is this a legit requirement in order to upgrade? I don't see how they can force you to buy overpriced accessories in order for you to upgrade phones. Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Forced to buy a $100 "accessory package" when upgrading iPhone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If there was a promotional offer, maybe. Otherwise you shouldn't have purchase any of the accessories from Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Sounds like authorized retailer nonsense.  No one can ever require you to buy anything else when you upgrade.   The $30 fee is valid.  I suggest you shop in a corporate store or Best Buy Or Apple. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MOMLOR, your experience is very important to us. We're sorry that you had problems at our store when you were upgrading. Let's find out what's going on, and get this resolved. Was this at corporate or authorized agent location? Find out here. http://spr.ly/6589EEc3b; Ann154, did have an interesting point about promotions. Was this part of a special promotion? Did you end up buying the phone? 

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes