Dropped calls on wifi calling
drdredsnomo

I have an iPhone xs - it has been dropping wifi calls regularly.  I get one bar of reception.  My wifi speed is > 100 Mbps.  Other VOIP apps like Vonage, Skype work very well.

I thought maybe it was that iPhone, but I just now upgraded to iPhone 11 Pro and am still having the same problem.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls on wifi calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, drdredsnomo. We are very sorry to hear about the recurring Wi-Fi Calling issue you have been experiencing from your iPhone Xs to your iPhone 11 Pro. We completely understand how peculiar this issue is and we will be more than happy to go through some steps to make sure that your Wi-Fi Calls are more consistent. When did this Wi-Fi Calling issue first start happening on your iPhone 8? Are your calls dropping also when your device is not connected to Wi-Fi in your home? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
drdredsnomo

Thanks, Brett,

The problem started with my iPhone XS and continued with my iPhone 11 Pro.  I have checked that the 
"Wifi calling on this phone" setting is enabled.

Thanks SO much for your quick response!

0 Likes
drdredsnomo

The problem happens whenever I have only 1 bar of reception.  It does not happen when I am outside of my home and not using wifi calling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are so welcome drdredsnomo. I appreciate you for the details. Are you having trouble connecting all Wi-Fi connections or just one particular one? 

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes
drdredsnomo

Jennifer,

That's a great question.  I don't notice dropped calls when I am away from home.  Not sure if it is because other wifis work better.  My guess is that my home wifi is the culprit - it is an xfinity pod wifi system.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you are having issues with your Wi-Fi Calling, and we are here to help. Does the device show that the call is being placed through Wi-Fi when you drop calls? Does your service improve when you are outside? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
drdredsnomo

How can I tell if a call is being made via wi-fi?  I do know that wi-fi calling is enabled.

Thanks again for any advice!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drdredsnomo, we certainly want to give you all of the resources needed.

To make sure the setting is turned on visit http://spr.ly/66061RcrO Question 2 under Wi-Fi Calling Setup and Use

To have a visual of what a Wi-Fi Calling looks like visit http://spr.ly/66071RcrP

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
drdredsnomo

Thanks!  Let me double check that the VZW Wifi symbol is showing on the expected calls.  I will post an update soon.

0 Likes