Cant hear phone calls
HollyM1023

My phone was working fine I was able to make calls and then during a call it went silent, called back the person the phone rang but once answered couldn't hear. The caller can hear me but I cant hear them. I can hear the ringing when I call verizon numbers but when I call anything else its silent and then I get the message call failed. I can facetime and listen to voice mails fine. I've turned my phone off multiple times, turn the airplane mode off for serveral seconds and back on. No luck. My phone is not even a month old.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cant hear phone calls
deloused
Master - Level 3

Since it happened during a call and you tried several common troubleshooting steps already it may be a software or hardware issue affecting the call microphone. If running the device in safe mode and a hard reset doesn't help have the phone replaced under the warranty

0 Likes
Re: Cant hear phone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HollyM1023, that's certainly not what we want to see happening with your iPhone. I want to help make sure we get your phone working properly, so you can call everyone without any trouble. To help with that, I want to get some additional information to help diagnose what's going on.

You mentioned calling VZ numbers when you call someone who has Verizon service does the call connect and are they able to hear you? Is it just one number that you're not connecting with or several? Finally, what's the city & state where you're making calls from (and if possible the closest intersection to you)?

JohnT_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes