Can't receive two-step verification texts--Iphone X but not a new one
Gullyfoyle

I have had an Iphone X (current IOS: 13.3.1) for a couple of years. I have had the same phone number with Verizon for well over a decade. I have a number of sites (brokerages, banks, ISP, ADT) that use the two-step verification where a text with a (usually) six digit code is sent to my phone. after sign-in. However, recently and for no observable reason, my phone has stopped receiving all such texts. I have to tap the alternative (send e-mail) to receive the code, which works fine. One site sent a voice message with the code as an alternative, so it's not that their number was somehow blocked by my phone. Also, I receive all normal texts. It's just the two-step ones I'm not receiving. And as far as I know it's all the sites that use two-step verification.

I've checked my settings and don't see anything out of the ordinary. I have had the "IMessage-send and receive" button checked, with my Verizon number, since I bought the phone.

I went onto an Apple support site, which said it's a Verizon problem. I went to my  local Verizon  store, which  said, no, it's an Apple problem. I went back on the Apple site which said, no, really, it's a Verizon problem, that I'm not receiving SMS messages. (I don't know much about this stuff, so I don't really know what means except it's different from MMS.)

I've searched this site, and see a number of past postings on failure to receive two-step verification texts, but they seem usually to involve new phones and/or new phone numbers.

Any help appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive two-step verification texts--Iphone X but not a new one
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help, we don't want you missing out on important texts. Do you have Call Filter enabled by chance?BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Gullyfoyle

No.

0 Likes
Gullyfoyle

Brittany,

Is that it? No further effort by vzw customer support to address my issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gullyfoyle You are currently in the community forum which is usually monitored by your peers. I would be happy to help you. What error message are you receiving? At what point do you run into this problem? Have you ever been able to use it? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Dawgmother
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get a reply?  

0 Likes
jayaram

I have the same problem when trying to login to my accounts at tdameritrade and my529 on my iphoneX operating on current latest iOS 14.6.   The 2FA code does not come thru via sms text.  However, I can get the 2FA code via a call from tdameritrade or my529.org.

The iphone X is an unlocked phone from ATT that was purchased several years ago which I ported the phone over to verizon.  No problems getting texts from friends/family/work.   Interested to find out if anyone has found a solution.  

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes