Can’t close open ports on iPhone XS.
EarthbenderJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

A portscan of my iPhone XS (iOS 14.2) in cellular data mode shows that ports 1080 (Socks), 1083 (Anasoft License Manager), and 8021 (ftp-proxy) are open, and I can’t figure out why or how to close them. The ports show as open on any scan of “localhost”, 127.0.0.1, and 0.0.0.0, but do not show as open when scanning the external or internal IP address thru my WiFi router (I have these ports blocked in my WiFi firewall.)

The ports are not listed by Apple or Verizon. Talked to Apple Support and they basically shrugged and told me to ask someone else.

Does anyone else have this, know if it’s atypical, or have any suggestions on how to close them?

Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can’t close open ports on iPhone XS.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EarthbenderJ, I want to make sure we are on the same page. What is the overall outcome you are looking to accomplish? why are you looking to close the ports?

0 Likes
EarthbenderJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to restrict unnecessary and/or unauthorized access to my network and device data for the purposes of performance and security. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, EarthbenderJ. We would recommend setting up a secure password for your Hotspot. This can be done by going to Settings > Personal Hotspot > Wi-Fi Password. If you have other devices that had connected to your Hotspot before, changing the password will prevent those devices from connecting to your Hotspot as they will no longer have the correct password.      CassieG_VZW  

0 Likes
TKO3

I have the same problem on my iPhone 12. iOS 14.8. Changing the password to my hotspot does exactly what regarding the iCloud-sandbox or local host to which these are open 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your mobile hotspot is vital, especially if you are having issues with unauthorized access. We want to be on the same page of the book. Please elaborate, what exactly occurs when you update the Mobile Hotspot password?  ~Gilbert

0 Likes