Can't activate iPhone X overseas
gradly

Hello, I got an iPhone X from a friend, its a Verizon offered by Best Buy. I understand that all Verizon phones are internationally UNLOCKED but the phone cant accept my carrier SIM card, which works perfectly on all previous iPhone because I buy a Verizon iPhone every year.

I contacted Apple Support 10 times and they state that this iPhone is kinda blank phone and only will accept any US carrier SIM card. But it's a Verizon phone that my friend got no matter what Apple says about that.

I even tried a Verizon SIM card i got with my iPhone 7 Plus and didn't work it will keep showing "SIM Not Supported". I'm currently in the middle east and I can't send the phone back to the US in order to just activate there, so please let me know how can I activate the phone abroad as I have said I also have a Verizon SIM card, how can I change Apple or whatever activation policy to make it not only domestically unlocked but internationally as well. And Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't activate iPhone X overseas
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gradly, I do apologize that you are having such trouble with your new iPhone. In order for the device to work it would need to be activated in the U.S before being taken over seas.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes