Calls dropping immediately
ajurban

I got the XR back around November or December.  I have been having trouble with dropping calls when I make or receive calls.  I ended up resetting network settings and the problem persisted.  I went to the place where I got my phone from and then they replaced the SIM card.  Problem persisted and got a replacement phone in February.  This past Thursday (14 March) it happened again and today (16 March).  I took it to the store to begin the same troubleshooting process.  Not impressed with this persisitent problem.  When I went to the store today (16 March) the staff said that there have been three people in the past day that came in with the same problem.  If Verizon cannot own up to their end of the contract can I terminate and switch to AT & T without suffering early termination fees?  Is this a Verizon problem or Apple OS problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calls dropping immediately
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ajurban

The iPhone XR is a great phone, and I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with calls, but there's quite a bit more to find out on this to make sure your phone is working correctly. How often does this happen? Is it always in the same or similar location? Are you connected to Wi-Fi when your calls have these issues? We obviously wouldn't want to see you go, but our stores are not the only place to go for troubleshooting - it's ideal to contact us when the problem is happening, instead of afterwards, so that we can get the most-accurate information to help you.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
ajurban

It happens mainly when I am on wi-fi because I work from home.  It happens in the same location.  Back in December and January it would happen about twice a week.  Since getting the replacement in mid-February it has not happened until this past week.  I've been with Verizon since I got a cell phone because you had the best coverage and that was in the days of roaming charges.  Now that AT & T is in my area, I am seriously tempted to switch if I were to get another replacement and the issue persists.  What does it mean that it's ideal to contact you when the problem is happening?  Isn't that what I am doing by going to the store (20 minute drive one way) and then taking time to post this on-line?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ajurban, we appreciate the additional details. If you're not having any coverage issues at the store, there isn't a way for them to truly troubleshoot the issue. As a fellow consumer, I understand the importance of having value in the services you pay for. We appreciate your loyalty with us and do not want to lose you as a treasured customer. We're not giving up on finding a resolution. Are you utilizing Wi-Fi calling? Is there anyone else on the account that is experiencing the same issue? Are you able to verify that your iPhone has the latest software update? Settings > General > Software Update.

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
nkitter

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10+ that is about a year old. I had my phone updated on Friday March 19th and I have been dropping calls and losing service since that morning. I have my phone on WiFi and still not helping. I usually have 4 bars and I am lucky if I can get 1 bar in the same area of my home. This morning I tried to make an outbound call and it indicated that I had no network. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes