Caller ID Option missing
Dont_LetMe_Die_Onhold
Enthusiast - Level 2

I needed to turn off my caller ID to make a business call where I didn't want the person to have my home phone.

I went to settings, phone, and the option was gone.  The words did not appear.  There wasn't even a blank space.

I went to MyVerizon.  Put in ID/PWD.  My pwd is 13 digits, upp/low/special characters, etc.  Typed "caller id missing from iphone xr."  It responded with a list of items that should be in the box.  Although logged in via phone, I asked for an agent and had to do the id/pwd again.  The agent told me to select it on the page and I once again explained it was missing.  After several holds, I was told to click the link.   There was no linkl  Then the agent sent the link.  It took me to a page where I had to log in again and it started talking about some other program or appl.   I wasn't sure what this was all about.  I got back to the agent and said what the link was showing me. The agent suggested resetting my phone and then talk to him/her.  I said that reboot and I'd start all over.   So s/he suggested changing network settings.

Of course the phone rebooted, the option doesn't exist, and I have to go through all of this again. My Verizon had some things including other options, which took me to another page, id/pwd again, to check the compatibility with spam software but I'm not even sure that's the right thingl.'

I have a few questions:

1) Has verizon made changes to the Apple OS reducing my functionality?  If so, why not integrate it so I see the option right there without the wild goose chase?

3) How the heck can I block my phone when I make a call?  I've now lost several hours.  The searches all point back to something gone.

4) I won't bother to explain my thoughts about Verizon's AI systems or agents that seem to know no more than I do.

5) I'm paying money for insurance/support.  Am I going to the right place?  I had hoped that paying extra money would give me something extra.  Like maybe they know about changes made by Verizon to an Operating System.

6) As a Verizon Customer, with an iPhone XR, other than MyVerizon, which appears to nothing other than a barrier to reach customer service, are there other apps that are available that are recommended or helpful?

7) How has business managed to convince customers to provide customer service to other customers, replacing paid agents at no charge.  I need to have my house painted for free.

Labels (1)
Re: Caller ID Option missing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to assist you as much as possible and to answer all your Verizon Wireless questions, Dont_LetMe_Die_Onhold. First, you can hide your caller ID when you make a phone call if you dial *67 and the number that you want to call. Please confirm on number 1 under "Blocking Calls" at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/caller-id-block-faqs/).

Now we'll answer your questions below:

1) Has Verizon made changes to the Apple OS reducing my functionality?

Answer: Verizon does not have the ability to make any changes to the Apple operating system.

If so, why not integrate it so I see the option right there without the wild goose chase?

Answer: Refer to the above answer.

3) How the heck can I block my phone when I make a call?

Answer: Please confirm on number 1 under "Blocking Calls" at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/caller-id-block-faqs/).

4) I won't bother to explain my thoughts about Verizon's AI systems or agents that seem to know no more than I do.

Answer: We are committed to help you as much as possible. 

5) I'm paying money for insurance/support. Am I going to the right place? 

Answer: We have several options to provide you support. We can assist you here or any other channel listed at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/).

I had hoped that paying extra money would give me something extra. Like maybe they know about changes made by Verizon to an Operating System.

Answer: No changes are made to Apple's operating system by Verizon.

6) As a Verizon Customer, with an iPhone XR, other than MyVerizon, which appears to nothing other than a barrier to reach customer service, are there other apps that are available that are recommended or helpful?

Answer: We can only recommend applications made by Verizon. You can find Verizon applications if you access the App Store and search "Verizon".

7) How has business managed to convince customers to provide customer service to other customers, replacing paid agents at no charge. 

Answer: We would never ask our valued customers to provide customer service to other customers. This is a peer to peer community and we thank our customers for the opportunity to participate and assist. You can get assistance from us directly in many different ways if you visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/).

We hope that we were able to answer all your questions today. Are there any other Verizon Wireless (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/) questions that we can answer for you?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Cryrl4747

Me too

but I can’t find me too button

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!