Blocking—can they leave a voicemail
Rkm2786
Enthusiast - Level 1

When a number is blocked through the free Verizon setting, can they still leave a voicemail?

I know when a number is blocked through the iPhone they can still leave a voicemail but I’m unsure how it works when you blokcnthrough Verizon. 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking—can they leave a voicemail
bearone21
Legend

yes

0 Likes
Rkm2786
Enthusiast - Level 1

So even though it says “the caller has restrictions in place” or something similar they can still leave one? Is there any way to have all contact and avenues cut off so this can’t happen?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rkm2786,

Thank you for visiting our community member forums! We know it's very important to know exactly how different services will affect your account. To clarify, it is not possible for people to leave you voicemail if they are blocked by one of our network features. The call is intercepted in these cases and never reaches your line. As you correctly stated, if the call is being blocked by phone software, it will usually simply go to voicemail, unless you're using a 3rd party app that can provide a different outcome. Thanks for being the best part of the Verizon Wireless family! I hope this information helps!

EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the number is blocked through your MyVerizon account online with the block options there, the person calling from that blocked number can't leave you a voicemail. 

I will add a wrinkle in saying there might be a way around the restriction through the voicemail system if the blocked person is also on the Verizon Wireless network. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzwhatesus
Enthusiast - Level 2

only if tou call 611....they only truely block them for a certain amount of then.....i get them all the time from warranty companies,etc.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzwhatesus wrote:

only if tou call 611....they only truely block them for a certain amount of then.....i get them all the time from warranty companies,etc.

You can set up the free 90 day blocks through your MyVerizon account online. You DON'T need to call *611 to add a number to the five free number blocks. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes