4G LTE Slower on XS Max than 6S+ Speeds under 1Mbps
AntiDrew
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iPhonw XS Max is running at speeds as low as 0.09 Mbps download and 2.68 Mbps upload.  I also ran tests on an iPhone 6S and getting speeds of 64.4 Mbps DL and 28.2 UL.  Both speeds were run using the same server/location with Verizon LTE and multi connection simultaneously multiple times with similiar results.  The phone runs fine on wifi.  Why is the Verizon LTE running so slow on my phone?  I pay for top level service and am getting peanuts. 

My work phone is an iPhone 8 on AT&T, LTE is running at 95.3 Mbps DL and 35.0 Mbps UL with the same conditions, except provider, at the same time this morning. 

Drew
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Slower on XS Max than 6S+ Speeds under 1Mbps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AntiDrew, we always want you to get the speeds you should be getting with us. We are here to help. 

What city/state are you located at, as well as the closest cross streets to you? Also, what plan do you have with us? We ask because plans like the Go Unlimited or Start Unlimited plans would cause you to experience slower than normal speeds when in areas of congestion. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
AntiDrew
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's happened in Arlington, WA, Everett, WA, Las Vegas, NV and in Marysville, WA in the Costco parking lot across from the Verizon Store. It happens with a comparison to my wife's phone which is the same account.  

Drew
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AntiDrew

We appreciate those details. It appears that you've been having this issue in several places which encourages us to take a closer look at your plan and your device on our network. Which plan do you currently subscribe to? Have you powered your device off and on since this problem started? Did you recently update the software on your phone or download a new application to it? 

Click the link below for more device support, when experiencing slow data speeds: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-iphone-xs-max-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&MT6K2LL%2...

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes