2nd Replacement Phone Broken Too
teadoll
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is so frustrating.

My iPhone XS had issues with easily heating up with regular app use when I first got it, but it's gotten to the point of overheating and becoming unusable if I use FaceTime.

After 7 hours of troubleshooting and power cycles, I was finally able to get a replacement phone shipped. The replacement phone arrived, but I was unable to activate the phone. So I had to spend another day troubleshooting with help from tech support. They finally offered to ship another phone w/ a new SIM.

Today I activated the 2nd replacement phone (no SIM in the box), and this one has issues too! Text messages from contacts randomly split into multiple threads, videos/photos in my Photo Gallery randomly become greyed out and unavailable, and I have not been able to get Bluetooth working at all. I reset the network settings, then did a full reset. It didn't help at all.

Now I'm being instructed to contact tech support for a third replacement phone. This is beyond irritating and very concerning. I don't mind the thought of using refurbished phones as replacement phones, but it's alarming that none of them seem to be in working order. I wonder how many other customers have this isssue?

It doesn't feel good to be paying over $1000 for an iPhone and they can't give me one that doesn't have major issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 2nd Replacement Phone Broken Too
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure you have a device that performs the way you need it to, teacoll. Was the second SIM sent as a seaparate order?PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
teadoll
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't received anything yet. I am pretty sure I only received one tracking number, but I'm not sure if they would've sent it together or apart.

I wasn't receiving all text messages on my replacement, so I moved my SIM back to my old phone and see that I now cannot use bluetooth on this device either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As someone with 8 lines on my account, I can assure you this is not the norm as I've had many replacement devices during my 19-years with VZW. Most of them outlasted the brand new device. If an issue is carrying over to a new phone, it's best to test the device before restoring content to the phone in case there's something corrupted with the software. I always prefer to restore my iPhone's and update the iOS using iTunes because it's much less susceptible to experiencing an issue when utilizing that route. The times that you reset your phone did you restore your backed up content during the set up process?  

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
teadoll
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a lot of resets, some with a backup and some without. It didn't help, unfortunately.  I also never connected it to a PC to restore using iTunes.

I hope that the third replacement device will be the charm!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your device even after doing a reset. We are happy to hear that a new replacement is on its way. Please feel free to reach out to us once it arrives so we can help you set it up. We will be standing by ready to help! DavidR_VZW

0 Likes