Re: $200 rebate scam/military discount scam
lgutk512
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had very similar issues with my rebates and have been told a variety of different things and information from customer service.  I have spent over 20 hours of phone/chat time with Verizon since December, and I still do not have my issues resolved.  No military discount, no rebates.  I have chats saved from the very beginning (along with many other notes and screenshots) stating that I will receive these rebates, and now I am being told that I was never eligible.  I am very frustrated and will likely return to my previous carrier.  I was so excited to move over to Verizon with all that they provide, but I can't express enough how frustrating the communication has been with them over time.  I mentioned my frustrations yesterday to an agent, and the response was not to try to talk me into staying and help me with the issues that I am having.  Rather, they told me that in order to end services that I have to pay off my remaining balance on my phone.  Then, they ended the chat abruptly. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Igutk512, we want to help keep you in the Verizon Wireless family. We're truly sorry for the time and trouble you've had with. Let's not waste any more time and get this resolved. What rebate where you having trouble with? Also, could you tell us more about the issue you're running into with the discount?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
lgutk512
Enthusiast - Level 3

I switched over to US Cellular around the time of the Black Friday rebates.  I have the original conversation saved of when I signed up online because the local store didn't have the right phones in stock.  I brought over one phone and tablet and bought two new phones.  Along with this, I bought an apple watch in store.  I talked to several customer service representatives (over 20 hours of my time), and was told a different thing each time.  None of them have rang to be true.  I also have not received the military discount after signing up five months ago.  The last time I spoke to someone separate for both the military discount and the rebates.  I was told that between 5-10 business days I'd have an answer on the rebates and my military discount applied.  Was told it would be sent to escalations.  I have not received any communication regarding either other than that I was not eligible and it was being sent up to escalations for further assistance along with military discount still being under review.  I honestly have no idea what the hiccup is because we were told my numerous different people that we were getting both the rebates and the discount with no issue.  Thanks for your support.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lgutk512,

No problem; have you contacted our rebate team from the link provided above.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
lgutk512
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I’ve received confirmation that I’d get them by end of February.  I have not received them.  I’ve called back several times and am now being told I won’t receive even though the customer service rep saw in their notes that We were.  Back and forth for four months now, and no answer or rebate

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lgutk512, enter the requested information listed in the link provided and send us a screenshot of the information, http://spr.ly/66001flZu.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
lgutk512
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have attempted this again with no success.  Can you private message me to help me identify these dates and info from my account?  I also have screen shots from my original conversation confirming that I’d be getting these rebates

0 Likes
lgutk512
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, it wasn’t a trade in.  It was for byod.

0 Likes
MindzEy3

I'm pretty sure the rebate they give you is from Stuart leer rebates and should be on your packet they give you with your contract information on it, reading your post reminded me of mine which I checked on at stuartleerrebates.com and they are sending it by 11/15/2020

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out, and we are so very sorry for any inconvenience. Please let us know if we can assist further.

0 Likes