12/1 on order confirmation email (date stamped 10/27, 5:21 a.m.)
Birdonamission
Enthusiast - Level 3

The customer service rep who took my order for a silver iPhone X (256 GB) Friday morning told me my phone should ship (or delivered...don't remember which) on 11/3.  My order confirmation email, though, says "Deliver by:  12/01/2017."

I called back and the (different) rep said to the effect that the 12/1 date on the order confirmation email is there by default and whatever the first rep read off of her screen at the time of order was more accurate.

I don't necessarily believe that, and a third representative definitively said that an 11/3 shipment (or delivery) is not going to happen.

I guess, from what I've read here, not ordering at 3:00 a.m. Eastern and ordering 2 hours later (5:00 a.m. or shortly thereafter) makes a huge difference by basically an entire month (11/3 to 12/1 ship/deliver date).

I'm not going to do any self-harm thing or anything just because I won't get my new iPhone X this coming Friday -- but it's super annoying that these people (Apple, I suppose) don't know how to anticipate demand and have enough on hand for people who bother to pre-order...before the crack of dawn, at that.  They just want the standard brag tag - it's Sold Out, and so quickly!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes