Not receiving SMS test from Instagram to login
eweir38
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not receiving SMS test from Instagram to login to account - I just switched over to Verizon.  I am receiving SMS messages from other people as well as iMessages.  I have deleted and re-downloaded the app as well as restarted my phone and nothing has worked.  Please assist

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving SMS test from Instagram to login
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eweir38, 

We want to make sure that you stay connected on social media from your device. Have you added a messaging block feature to your mobile number that would restrict you from receiving notification alerts from Instagram? Click the link below for the steps on how to remove feature blocks from your mobile number: 

https://www.verizon.com/support/caller-id-block-faqs/#item3-1

0 Likes
eweir38
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello - I do not have anything blocked.  I checked the page and was able to confirm this.

Still in need of assistance!

0 Likes
eweir38
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello - I do not have anything blocked.  I checked the page and was able to confirm this.

Still in need of assistance!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for checking, eweir38! Do you know if you're receiving messages from other short code/authentication messages like your bank or other apps? Have you contacted Instagram support? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
eweir38
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have received message from other short code/authentication messages.  If i switch my phone number on another instagram account I have access to the other phone number receives the code, but if i switch it back to my phone number my phone will not receive the code for both accounts (account I have and do not have access to), which is why I believe it is an issue with my phone specifically.  I have contacted instagram support who hasn't gotten back to me in over a week

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Did you receive a new phone number from us when you started services or did you port over an already existing number? When you switched your Instagram account to a different number, was it a number that had Verizon Wireless service?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
eweir38
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did not receive a new phone number. My phone number carried over from my previous provider.

For the instagram account I have access to - When I switched the phone number, to a different phone number, the other phone does not have verizon and was able to receive the code.  I then switched it back to my phone number and I was not able to receive the code.

For the account I am trying to login in to - my phone will not receive the code (and I cannot log in to the account to switch the phone number.

I have tried to take out the SIM card and re-insert it as well and that has also not fixed the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eweir38, 

Thank you for those details. Is your mobile number with the current SIM card active on our Verizon Wireless network? 

0 Likes
eweir38
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is.