Message+ app crashing on iOS 14.3 when trying to access camera
bobjil

Hi,

I'm using iOS 14.3 on my work AT&T iPhone SE (1st gen).  Message+ was a little flaky at times, not always sending or receiving all messages for my Verizon cell phone number, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  When I start the app, I type in my Verizon cell phone number, hit "Send Code", and the app immediately crashes.  Sometimes it leaves up the question about giving access to the camera, but it has crashed at that point.  The message is sent to the Verizon cell phone just fine, but I can't get the app to get to the point where it needs to scan the QR code to validate the phone number.

I've hard booted the phone, deleted and re-downloaded the app dozens of times.  I'm at the end of my rope.  I know how it works because it worked just fine on my new iPad.  I've used Message+ for years so I can send and receive Verizon texts on my work phone.

Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Is there any other way to register without the camera?

Thanks in advance!

Bob J.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ app crashing on iOS 14.3 when trying to access camera
bobjil

FYI, more information ...

I tried forwarding the activation text with the QR code to the phone that's running Message+.  I clicked on that link, and the page that comes up with the QR code.  Beneath that, it says, "click below if this is the same device you are activating", followed by "Activate Message+ on this device".  I click on that, and it launches Message+, but it doesn't do anything useful.  It appears to have crashed before it saved that it was waiting for activation.

Bob J.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bobjil, we are sorry to hear that you are having trouble accessing Message + on your alternate device. Using the link from the Verizon Wireless phone and selecting the Activate Message + on this device, will simply open the app on the actual Verizon device. You mention that on your alternate phone this seems to hang up at the camera access, do you select to allow access or deny access when at this point? Do you perhaps have a setting within this device that prevents that access within your camera app? Is the alternate device connected to Wi-Fi when attempting this? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bobjil

I select to allow camera access, and I have verified that camera access is allowed to Message+ in the settings.  I've allowed every possible access I can find in the settings.

The alternate device is connected to WiFi, but I've tried it with cellular only, and the same thing happens.

Bob J.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to assist you with this issue! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue.

0 Likes
bobjil

For the record.  After multiple private messages, the Verizon Tech support team tried to help but in the end referred me to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] which is where it ended.  This is the only response you get from sending something to that email address:

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Messages team!

We use this e-mail address to gather new feature requests and bug reports only.  New feature requests and bug reports will be shared with our development team.  We will not reply to your e-mail unless we require additional information. 

Additional information can be found on the support pages for Verizon Messages:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/features/data_services/verizon-messages.html

All urgent requests or other questions should be directed to Verizon Wireless Customer Care:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp

When submitting a bug report, please describe the problem, including the steps to reproduce it.  If possible, send us a screenshot showing related error messages or demonstrating your problem.  Please include the following information (for each impacted device) in your e-mail:

• Device Manufacturer
  • Model Number (Home Screen > Device Settings > About)
  • Build/Firmware Number (Home Screen > Device Settings > About)
  • Version of Verizon Messages (Menu > More > About)

Thanks for using Verizon Messages!

The Verizon Messages Team

Bob J.

0 Likes
bobjil

This issue was fixed with Version 4.1.0 of Message+ which was released today.

Thanks!

Bob J.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear that the issue seems to have been fixed with the last software release, bobjil. However, if you should encounter any further issues, please just let us know as we'll be happy to assist again if needed. 

-RSM

0 Likes