Data Usage
Sebring4

Hello - I recently purchased a new car that has the Apply Play feature but have limited data usage on my plan.  Does use of the navigation system with Apple Play count against your data usage?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question, Sebring4. Understanding how Apple Play works is certainly very important. To answer your question, use of the navigation system as well as music streaming will count as data utilization. How often will you be using the navigation system in your new car? Have you had a chance to review some of our unlimited plans? If this is an option that interests you, please click here for additional details: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Which navigation software do you use? I haven't used Apple CarPlay but Android Auto allows you to choose which of the navigation software apps you have installed on your phone. If CarPlay lets you choose which navigation software to use, you could try Google Maps which allows you to download maps for your location while you are connected to wifi for use while you are out in order to save on cellular data usage.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

yes

0 Likes