Can I keep my 6GB plan when I upgrade to an iPhone SE?
billhao
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I pre-order the iPhone SE on apple.com last night. I current have the Verizon Max 6GB data plan, which was not an option in the pre-order process. So I randomly chose the 2GB data plan during the pre-order. Am I be able to keep my current 6GB plan when I receive the phone? Or will I be forced to use the 2GB plan I selected? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keep Verizon Max 6GB plan with iPhone SE?
Weth
Legend

You should not have selected a new plan, you can always keep your current plan. If you want your 6 GB, call immediately to get this cleared up, otherwise you will be switched to the 2 GB plan.

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

You should not have selected a new plan, you can always keep your current plan. If you want your 6 GB, call immediately to get this cleared up, otherwise you will be switched to the 2 GB plan.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

billhao,

The iPhone SE is a great device and we want to make sure you can get the phone you need. We would like to get some information from you about how you completed the purchase for your new device. Was this completed as the device payment or did you complete a 2 year upgrade?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
billhao
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Thank you for following up the thread. I was doing a 2 year upgrade. During the process, there was a page with many options for the data plan. But it doesn't have the Verizon Max 6GB option nor any option to keep my current plan. I remember it only has something like 2GB, 5GB and etc. Please advise.

Hao

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details billhao. Generally the plan is able to remain when completing a 2 year upgrade. Do you have an estimated ship date for the device?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
billhao
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good to know. The phone is gonna be shipped on Mar 31.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

But if you don't get CS on the phone to change it now, you will lose the 6GB and go to 2GB based on what you have said.  If you just wait to see, you will lose it, since you selected 2GB. Trust me and don't get burned and then angry. 

billhao
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I will have to spend quite some time with the CS then.

I ordered from Apple.com because I had some gift card from them. How do you order from there while keeping the current plan? I wasn't giving any option for that.

0 Likes
billhao
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just called CS. They were able to let me keep my current plan. Now waiting for my new phone 🙂