iPhone 12 pre-order/delivery date
lopeit

Hello all,

Just a quick question that I hope can be clarified by individuals with prior experience with this.  This is my first time pre-ordering through Verizon.  I pre-ordered the iPhone 12 and it says estimated delivery is 10/30, but the phone is supposed to be released at 10/23.  I'm sure this question has been asked a lot but from the few prior posts I've read it says that customers usually receive phones on the drop date of the phone.  Should I be expecting the phone on the release date despite the estimated delivery date being 10/30?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 12 pre-order/delivery date
robzeko

I'm annoyed that I preordered within a few hours of it being available the day preorders started last week and my estimated shipping date is the 30th as well.

0 Likes
HT_94

I preordered the iphone 12 pro and it shows that estimated delivery is on the 23rd, i have yet to receive a email stating my item has shipped? will it ship on the 23rd? 

0 Likes
libracolo
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have the Verizon app (as I do) when you go into it, it should show that you have 1 order update.  If you go into the update and drill down, you should see a spot to check tracking information.  From there it should show you the tracking number.  I too ordered the phone and on Monday, the app showed that it had been sent to UPS for delivery on Friday 10/23.

0 Likes
libracolo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know Apple started doing back-orders (depending on the model, color, and storage) about 30 minutes into the pre-order.  A couple of my friends are actually back ordered into November now and they ordered at about 6:45 am (MST) last Friday.  If the date shows 10/30 that probably means it is on back order, usually Verizon is spot on with their delivery dates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lopeit,

Unless you receive communication from us indicating differently, you should expect it to ship October 30th. There is a queuing system that fills all orders in the order they were received, so your place in line is what determines your expected ship date. I hope this helps to answer your question.

0 Likes
Ken_ATL

Just to clarify, I believe the specified date is the delivery date, not the ship date. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know its important to know exactly when you will get your phone Ken_ATL. I'm sorry for any misinformation you may have received. If your email states your delivery date is October 30, 2020, that will usually be correct. However, based on shipping delays if any and inventory, that could change. You will know exactly when your phone is coming when you receive the notification with your tracking number. if you have an issue with the day the tracking number is advising your package will be delivered, reach out to us via phone call, chat, Facebook or Twitter for options to cancel the order. 

Does this information help? 

0 Likes