Preorder
Anneleb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I preordered the iPhone 12 Pro and Verizon charged my debit card for purchase. Later in the day I receive an email saying my payment was declined and I needed to update my payment info. They also credited the amount back to my bank account. Now it says my order is on hold until I update payment info. Is this something that happens with preorders since they don't charge you until it actually ships? This is my first experience with preorders. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Preorder
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anneleb, we are sorry to hear that this has happened to you. When placing a pre order, though the full amount is not billed until the item is preparing for shipping, we do submit a hold, very similar to a hold at the gas pump. If that hold is rejected this would happen. We then suggest that you do update the payment information so that the order may be released versus losing your place in the pre order line. Does this help to explain? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
Nonfatlatte

This same thing happened to me and I spent a ridiculous amount of time on the phone with Verizon yesterday trying to fix this issue. I couldn’t update my payment information, which there was nothing wrong with to begin with, because I kept getting a system unavailable message. The nice rep on the phone told me my only option was to cancel my order because it was stuck in the system and I have now lost my place in the preorder line. I also can’t place a new order because the system is now not recognizing my trade in. To say I am angry and frustrated is an understatement. Verizon - when will my phone that I wasn’t able to trade in on my cancelled preorder show up as an available trade in so I can place my preorder again?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the inconvenience as we always want to make it easy to do business with us. Was the trade-in to get a refunded value on the device or as the Annual Upgrade option?

0 Likes
Nonfatlatte

Hi Customer Support - it was the Annual Upgrade option. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. My cancelled order is still showing as “on hold” in my account. I’ve never been so frustrated in an online ordering experience. I’m ready to order from somewhere else.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nonfatlatte - If you were using our Annual Upgrade option to get a new phone before your current one is paid off, you won't be able to trade in your current device for additional value off the new phone. The Annual Upgrade allows you to send your current phone back and we waive the remaining balance that you owe on the device. Which options are you selecting when you try to order the new phone?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
VerizonUser94
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same issue. Most frustrating thing ever and was told to "cancel and reorder". But I don't want to lose my place. Apparently they have a ticket to get this fixed as it's well known so might wait a day. Insane that we aren't being allowed to GIVE Verizon our money...