12 Pro Max - Calls Go Directly To Voicemail
wow321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone worked fine for the first 3 or 4 days, but as of today it will not ring.  My Apple Watch will receive calls when far away from the phone (on the cellular network), but once nearby to the phone, it doesn't ring either.  Calling from my landline, the calls go straight to my voicemail.  Similar experience for others as well.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 12 Pro Max - Calls Go Directly To Voicemail
wow321
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fixed it myself after a text session with Verizon techs wasn't helpful.  I cycled airplane mode off and on.  That worked.  Must be a bug with the 12, the new IOS, and/or the new Qualcomm modem and Verizon.  -- I am in a 5G area (Long Island) and traveled to western, NJ for the first time with the phone.  Maybe there was too many handoffs between 5G and LTE and not enough beta testing.  🙂

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, wow321. Having reliable service is important and making sure your phone is functioning as it should is paramount. Have you noticed if this is with numbers that are in your contacts vs not in your contacts or does it happen with either?

HannahS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad it is working for you properly now. This should not be something you have to do often. If this continues, please let us know. We would be happy to troubleshoot further with you. 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
Jim-PS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your suggestion!

I have had this exact same issue since I got the phone, 8 days ago.  Incoming calls go straight to voicemail.  And this includes calls from anyone, whether in my contacts or not.  After incredibly long phone calls with Verizon, and going through every one of their trouble shooting steps, i just tried your simple step of cycling Airplane Mode on and off.... and the issue is resolved.  

I wonder HOW it is possible that the seemingly efficient tech supervisor with whom I spoke for 90 minutes, never suggested this as a fix!  Nor did the numerous troubleshooting steps suggest it either.

A stunning lack in customer service.

0 Likes
wow321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reset your network setting as well.  It was happening to me again every 4 hours or so.  I had enough of Verizon's now third tier customer service (they used to be a good company from a consumer standpoint), so I called a real first tier company -- Apple.  Apple actually answered the phone in 5 minutes on a Saturday night and diagnosed the problem.  They were real curious about my issue, and said if I had a Verizon ticket number they would interact with Verizon on my behalf.  It's almost two days later.  No problems anymore.  Verizon ran me around in circles for hours and it is very hard to actually speak to anyone (outside of online text chats).  Apple fixed it in 10 minutes with a live human being in a USA call center.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to learn about your previous experience with us when you reached out for support, wow321. We can lift up the feedback. To confirm, is your device still currently functioning as intended? 

0 Likes
wow321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my phone is working as intended after a network setting reset.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! Is there anything else we may help you with at this time? - Albert

0 Likes
jpiszcz
Contributor - Level 1

For the next person this affects (it happened to me again recently when I turned on one of my older phones that I was still logged into)- I performed the following actions:

1. Logged into my other devices I don't use that frequently, logout of iCloud on all other devices except my main device.

2. Call my main device via Google Voice and then it started working again.

Please let me know if this works for anyone.

0 Likes