"No Service"
marleyburgers

Is anyone else receiving the "No Service" status in San Diego? This started last week. I took it to a Verizon store and they only tried to sell me a new phone. I took it to Apple and had them run diagnostics on it, and everything is fine. I took it back to the Verizon store, and they only tried to sell me another phone. 

Verizon, what is going on? If there's nothing wrong with my phone, then surely the solution is not buy a new one. Will someone at Verizon fix this? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "No Service"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marleyburgers, making sure you have a properly working device is always important. We appreciate the steps you have already taken with visiting the Apple and Verizon store locations. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details of your concern. Can you please clarify if your device signal indicator shows “No Service” consistently? Or does this appear periodically? Also, can you please follow this link https://vz.to/2uFc5zT for steps on how to remove/insert your device SIM card? Please let us know if there is a change in your service after processing this step.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
marleyburgers

Hi Sylvia, 

It will work for a while, then it will go back to "No Service," then I have to go through the factory reset. 

Yes, the SIM card was removed twice over the weekend, and it didn't make a difference. 

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marleyburgers, do you when you had purchased this device originally? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
marleyburgers

Hi Cecile, 

I bought it a year and two months ago, so it's not coverd by the warranty, however, I can't believe the only solution is to buy a new phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marleyburgers,

I certainly understand needing a device you can rely on to work consistently. A new phone could be an option if necessary but we want to make sure we're done all we can to help with this phone first. Do you seem to have this issue in specific locations or does it seem more random? Do you know if any others are having similar issues in this area?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
adamsusa
Enthusiast - Level 1

marleyburgers - I too recently experienced the same thing, but in San Jose.  The Tier 2 support person talked told me my area was a "variable service" area, which means... well you could have no service at time.   Of course they suggested buying a new phone to fix (their) service, even though the phone works perfectly in other neighborhoods/cities - and went through all the reset garbage like you.

So what did you finally end up doing to resolve yours?  I'm looking into other service providers since I don't want Verizon's variable service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, adamsusa. We are very sorry to hear about the service-related issue that you have been experiencing in your area. We completely understand how concerning this can be and how important it is to be able to use the network as intended. We appreciate you as a customer and it would sadden us to see you go because of this. We definitely want to make sure that all options are exhausted in getting this resolved. Can you please describe the service-related issue that you have been experiencing? How long has this been happening? What is the intersection and zip code that this is happening in? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes