iPhone 8 plus not receiving calls
trobert009

My iPhone 8 Plus does not receive calls sporadically. It is multiple callers so I know it's not their issue. They tell me they called me multiple times and I didn't answer, yet my phone does not ring or show a missed call. This started Aug-Sept 2019 and I went to a Verizon store and they ordered me a replacement device, and got me a new SIM card. Once I had the new device it seemed to be working, but now it's happening again over the past month.

Help! I am running current software and regularly power down my phone. I work for a hospital and not getting phone calls when I'm on call is a big issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 8 plus not receiving calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I realize it is essential for your iPhone 8 + to ring as you need those calls to come through in respect of your working in the hospital, trobert009. I appreciate the details you shared with me on what you had done to correct the issue, and let's find the root cause of the problem why the calls do not come to you. Are you indoors when this issue happens? If so, are you able to make calls from the indoors? Did you check your device to see if the "Do not Disturb" feature is on or off along with the settings for the incoming calls? Here's a link you can use to check the settings https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207150/ . Please bear in mind if you are indoors, the signal can be hindered by something blocking or interfering as you move about and could be considered when the issue is happening. 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

check do not disturb, you may have lock screen checked.

0 Likes
trobert009

Just double checked but Do Not Disturb is not enabled and I never turn it on. 

It happens inside and outside. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for checking that setting. Waht is the current selection under Settings > Cellular > Cellular DAta Options > Enable LTE? Is VoLTE enabled? Does the signal fluctuate to low bars a lot or does it generally seem to be strong when this ius happening?  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes