dont switch from 24gb plan to unlimited plan like i did
brentkfl

i live in a rural area in levy county fl and i was usually right at the 24gb allowance toward the end of the month so i decided to change to the unlimited plan which entails 15gb per hot spot and 20gb for each phone. we have a iphone 7 and 8 plus. as soon as we made the switch everything slowed down. i cannot stream anymore and in peak times i have to switch to 3g to navigate online. i called verizon and put a ticket in and explained to them i could not do anything at all even with a surecall cellullar booster that helps boost the signal. without it i cannot even talk on the phone inside the house without dropping calls due to newer metal roof. by the way i am getting -90 numbers with the booster inside house which is excellent so i know i am reaching the towers. verizon had me register the booster which i complied with. 2 days after the ticket was issued i received what seemed like a generic text saying network performing as expected. after that it went from bad to worse. i could tell when i talked to the csr that they did not like me getting the cell booster so there is no doubt to me that verizon is slowing me down intentionally either due to the new unlimited plan or the cellular booster or both. they want my 207.00 per month but do not want to provide me with good service. the only thing that keeps me with verizon right now are my 2 verizon iphones. what a big disappointment and a waste of money verizon turned out to be.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: dont switch from 24gb plan to unlimited plan like i did
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd never want to see you go and want to ensure you're getting the best possible service for your money, brentkfl. We're disappointed to learn you've had a change in data speeds since updating your plan. We'd like to take a closer look into this. Please complete a speed test at speedtest.net and share your results. Is this happening only at home or other locations as well? Has anyone else on the plan noticed a change with their speeds? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
brentkfl

ok i went to speedtest.net and when both phones are on 4g they both say latency test error. when in 3g the ping was 94 download speed was 0.30 mbps and 0.39 upload speed. like i said before the best i can do here is 3g since verizon decided to throttle me for either my cell booster or changing to this unlimited plan. or they could have a problem in the area but according to the report from verizon network engineers there were no reported issues except for mine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brentkfl, I want to assure you we would never do anything to intentionally diminish your service. We fully support network extenders as they provide a better experience in the homes that are otherwise unable to receive service. Is there a significant difference between being inside or outside? Have the phones been power-cycled or updated since the plan was changed?

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
brentkfl

first of all you really should at least research my issue and get a little more educated on my situation before you send a reply. a network extender and a cellular booster are two entirely different things. the verizon network extender is for wifi and takes an ethernet or dsl type connection for it to work. verizon does not make a cellular booster and if you would have read my original post more carefully you would have seen that i mentioned using a surecall cellular booster and not a network extender. if i had a dsl connection to operate a network extender than i would not  nesssarily care about tower reception so much  but since i dont have a wired network in my rural area than good tower reception means stronger signal which in a logical world should mean at least 4g lte at least most of the time but that would probably be a little too much to ask for even though verizon says my address is in a 4g lte area. and yes i have reset the network connections on both phones, upgraded to apple ios version 12.3.1 , etc, etc...

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

for $207 per month, pay for internet service + wi-fi.

0 Likes