Verizon stealing data
Thomas814
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iphone 8 with data assist and background data turned off.. i have wifi at my house that i am connected to. I was on my phone at 3am and connected fully when i got a text alert that i went over my allotted gb per month! 

I recently started having trouble with my data usage. So I got smart and turned off cellular usage for apps and wifi assist and background data..

So tell me Verizon, how did i exceed my limit? What data was I doing wrong this time??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon stealing data
jav6
Champion - Level 3

And so you assume it is Verizon stealing your data?  Have you examined your app data use?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No one likes going over their data including myself Thomas814. I would love to help as much as I can. I am a consumer myself so I know if you have your cellular data turned off there will not be any data usage. I do know that data can be delayed that might have caused you to go over. I would love to review your account to see what options you have. I have sent you a private message. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Thomas814 wrote:

I have an iphone 8 with data assist and background data turned off.. i have wifi at my house that i am connected to. I was on my phone at 3am and connected fully when i got a text alert that i went over my allotted gb per month! 

I recently started having trouble with my data usage. So I got smart and turned off cellular usage for apps and wifi assist and background data..

So tell me Verizon, how did i exceed my limit? What data was I doing wrong this time??

verizon isn't using your data.  🙄.  No carrier controls your data.  Only you and your phone do that.  And just like a checking account, data isn't reported live, so data you already used still reports back to your account.  
    Your phone keeps an independent meter of your data usage.  

0 Likes