Replacement
nanc1234

My 8’s sounds goes in and out so went to store and asked about replacement and worker said I didn’t want that as they give out refurbished ones.  When 11 just came out and my 8 is junk overpriced, why refurbed?   Pure greed.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Replacement
rcschnoor
Legend

@nanc1234 wrote:

My 8’s sounds goes in and out so went to store and asked about replacement and worker said I didn’t want that as they give out refurbished ones.  When 11 just came out and my 8 is junk overpriced, why refurbed?   Pure greed.  

I'm not really sure what you are asking here. Are you asking why you can't get an iPhone 11 as a replacement or why you would get a refurbished iPhone 8 as a replacement? Is this a warranty replacement(is the device less than 1 yr since you purchased it new with NO physical damage) or is this an insurance replacement? IF it is a warranty replacement, the manufacturer's warranty clearly states that a refurbished replacement is an option. If you are unhappy with this, you should be complaining to Apple, not Verizon, as Apple is responsible for warranty replacements. If it is an insurance replacement, the insurance agreement clearly states you would be given a refurbished replacement. If you are unhappy with this you should be complaining to Assurion as they are the insurance provider OR you should not have gotten the insurance.

If you are asking why you can't get an iPhone 11 as a replacement, it sounds as if you are the one being greedy.

If you are asking why the salesperson was trying to get you to purchase an iPhone 11 instead of receiving a refurbished iPhone 8, possibly they didn't think it would be worth it to you if you had to pay the $199 deductible if it was an insurance replacement. Additionally, it is a salesperson's job to try to sell you a newer device. It is not greed, it is their job.

0 Likes
Re: Replacement
bearone21
Legend

insurance lets you replace the original phone, not an option to get the latest & greatest.

0 Likes