LTE - .01 mpbs download/300+ ping?!?!
atwaroski44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Area code 88101/88103 with unlimited. I consistently get LTE speeds of less than 1 mbps, usually closer to .01. Can it even get slower? Inside/outside with full bars of LTE. What am i paying $100 a month for? Pretty much walking around with the most expensive tracfone there is since data isn't an option.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: LTE - .01 mpbs download/300+ ping?!?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

atwaroski44, those are speeds we definitely don't want you to have. I'm glad you've reached out to support, so we can take a look at this issue with you and figure out what's causing it. Once we do that, we can get the best solution to ensure you're getting our expected LTE speeds and the best from your plan.

To start things off, I checked out the area codes you mentioned. 88101 I see is near a town, and we've got a few towers in the area. Could you give me an idea of where in 88101 you're using your phone, based on an intersection/cross street? This will let me better check out the coverage in that spot.

The 88103 I see is right inside Cannon Air Force Base. In my history of working with cellular coverage near military installations, there can be sources of interference from them. Cannon AFB I imagine is putting out and taking in lots of signals. Are you working at the base or living near it?

JohnT_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
atwaroski44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I work on base. I can see how the base functions could interfere with the signal. I can use data if I turn off LTE and use 3G. It usually will speed test around .5-.7 mbps. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for getting back to us. Is this only occurring while you're on base or do you notice this is happening everywhere you go? Can you tell me what troubleshooting you've done thus far, to improve your data speeds? Please provide me with more information, I want to help. 

ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
atwaroski44
Enthusiast - Level 2

It only occurs when I am on base and during the day shift. The only thing I have done that has worked is turn off LTE and use 3G. Still very slow, but at least functional. I don't really know what else I could do, it's just the way it is.

0 Likes