Iphone 8plus data usage thru the roof
XH9C

Data has skyrocketed with no changes other than the new phone.  I was told that iphone text messages use cellular data and are not counted in my UNLIMITED Text total.  I went from 4 gig to 12 gigs and i have turned off everything i think uses data.  At home and work it is on the WiFI.  WHy is the data usage so high!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 8plus data usage thru the roof
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you turning off the cellular data connection when you expect to be connected to a wifi router for extended periods of time? Are you sending iMessages a lot while on cellular data?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
XH9C

Thank you for the response. I use the iMessages. I dont know how to turn

it off. I thought we had free unlimited messages. Am i wrong? I tried to

download the Verizon Messaging app, now I get duplicate messages!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iMessages uses data.

Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

Apple iPhone - Turn Cellular Data On / Off | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
melissap_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi XH9C, we understand how important it is that your text messages be working correctly and that you have a clear understanding of how iMessages are reflected on your plan. Ann154 has provided some excellent information! (Thank you Ann154!) I wanted to check in and see how things are coming along. Please let us know if you have more questions.

Melissa_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes