Good ole Sales Guy Scammers
sethm19

So I purchased my iPhone 8 about 1 year ago today and when I did, the sales guy at Verizon told me if I paid $13/mo for insurance that I could bring my phone back anytime if I got a cracked screen, damaged the phone or even lost it. I debated it, but when ahead and purchased it thinking then I wouldnt have to use some bulky iphone case. I take pretty good care of my phone, but just incase I purchased a thin case and havent had any issues in almost a year. That was until yesterday when I dropped it and cracked the front screen. Long story short, as I'm sure many of you also got scammed by Verizon, but I take my phone in and say I have full coverage and the guy cant even look me in the eye and hands me this brochure and says here is your deductable pricing. Uhhhh what? Deductable pricing???? I was never told this for one and for two I was told I could just bring my phone in if "ANYTHING" happened to it and they would hand me a new one at the store I purchased it from. Well, $29 later I have someone coming to my house tomorrow to fix it. Oh, and my bill was supposed to be $145/mo (two phones) and we pay $175/mo but they dont know why. Forget you Verizon. I should have never left ATT. 

Content modified as required by @verizon_wireless_terms

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Good ole Sales Guy Scammers
boringusername
Master - Level 1

All insurance has a deductable. Health incuance, car insurance, home insurance. Also no poiht in pay teh $13 insurance as it onl gives youa useless "tech coach" the $9 insurance woulg have had the same coverage. Also if you're buying Apple and you want insurance youi should be using Applecare.

As far as you're bill. Your bill states what the costs are. What plan are you on? did you take inco acocunt phone payments or insurance. You already stated you're paying $13 for at least 1 line

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

cracked screens have never been covered with insurance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sethm19, We would never want to leave this impression on you. When paying for insurance, this helps ensure that you get a replacement for a cheap deductible! However, the deductible prices would need to be communicated with our Asurion team. However, we want our customers to always be happy to be with the Verizon family. What is a good number and time to contact you, to discuss all your options? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
bigbabe42

If you have an iphone you are better off to go and get insurance from apple. The insurance that is by verizon does not use real apple parts to fix your phone. (verizon doesnt tell you that). I asked at the apple store and they told me that they do not share their parts with any outside insurance from any of the phone carriers. Plus they said that if you had your phone fixed from anyone other than them that they will not fix your phone or even look at it after you had it fix by someone because they will not be real apple part. 

0 Likes